Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

My 2004 Journey is in my driveway. It had been plugged into a 20 amp circuit but the (inside the house) circuit breaker popped sometime in the last 24 hours.

When I discovered that there was no power in the coach I put the circuit breaker back on ... when I did that the Xantrex remote started flashing like the signs outside a pawnshop

I think the house batteries were very low because the exhaust fan had been left on in the bathroom ...

These lights were flashing
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>AC in
<LI>Battery State
<LI>Charge
<LI>bottom of Charge "stack"
<LI>bottom of Invert "stack"[/list]
I left the coach plugged with the lights flashing for a couple of hours hoping that sooner or later the flashing would go away on it's own.

When the flashing did not go away on it's own I unplugged the cord ... waited a couple of minutes and plugged it back in ... I still had the same lights flashing

I unplugged the cord and disconnected the house battery connections so that I had no power in the coach ... waited about 10 minutes and reconnected the battery and plugged the cord back in ... and the flashing was gone

Question 1) What caused this?

Question 2) Have the rest of you had this problem?

Question 3) Was there a simpler way to get rid of the flashing?
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

My 2004 Journey is in my driveway. It had been plugged into a 20 amp circuit but the (inside the house) circuit breaker popped sometime in the last 24 hours.

When I discovered that there was no power in the coach I put the circuit breaker back on ... when I did that the Xantrex remote started flashing like the signs outside a pawnshop

I think the house batteries were very low because the exhaust fan had been left on in the bathroom ...

These lights were flashing
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>AC in
<LI>Battery State
<LI>Charge
<LI>bottom of Charge "stack"
<LI>bottom of Invert "stack"[/list]
I left the coach plugged with the lights flashing for a couple of hours hoping that sooner or later the flashing would go away on it's own.

When the flashing did not go away on it's own I unplugged the cord ... waited a couple of minutes and plugged it back in ... I still had the same lights flashing

I unplugged the cord and disconnected the house battery connections so that I had no power in the coach ... waited about 10 minutes and reconnected the battery and plugged the cord back in ... and the flashing was gone

Question 1) What caused this?

Question 2) Have the rest of you had this problem?

Question 3) Was there a simpler way to get rid of the flashing?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:16 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

The Xantrex remote panel has been known to loose it's communication with the actual inverter unit. When that happens you'll either get flashing lights, no lights, or it won't respond to button depression at all.

When it happened to mine, Xantrex said to unscrew the remote panel from the wall and disconnect the communication wire from the back for 30 seconds. The communication wire resembles a 6 wire phone cord (like an ethernet cord) When you plug it back in, the remote re-establishes communication.

I have a feeling that your batteries did go low, and the remote lost signal. When you disconnected the batteries you basically reset the unit just as unplugging the wire from the back would have done.

So to answer your questions...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Question 1) What caused this? An unexplaneable communication "glitch"

Question 2) Have the rest of you had this problem? Yep!

Question 3) Was there a simpler way to get rid of the flashing? Unplug the wire from the back for 30 seconds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-21-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thanks Joe ...

your explanation makes a lot of sense to me ... seems to describe my situation exactly ...

and your solution is MUCH easier than mine ... four screws beats battery connectors every time

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">This is what makes this forum so useful ... this is the second time that I have been "rescued" by the response to one of my postings ...</span>
Old 09-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Interesting! I had this problem this summer when I had my batteries changed out. I let it run for a few hours, then resorted to disconnecting the batteries completely. When I reconnected, like you, everything worked again. However, I do like the factory's solution better. If I have it happen again, I'll go that route.

Robb & Sue Steinheider & Duncan the Dalmation
03 Ultimate Advantage
02 Saturn L100 Toad
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Saved me some grief

I did as previously stated with the easier method and it worked for me. mine was getting worked on and batteries died. All is well now. Thanks
PacMansJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #7

We have an Ultimate. That done the same thing.. Xantrex. Had us do the same thig. Unplug. I have had it several times Maybe Once in 2 years , It has always reset and worked Fine;; Life is Good. When things work.
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I just happened to be lurking by and thought the title of this thread was interesting. My inverter panel has been flashing for a couple years now. I thought I had a bad ground or something.

I had already unplugged the cable from the inverter side but I guess I replugged it too soon. I tried it again but left it unplugged a little longer, problem solved.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Sometimes you have to disconnect the inverter from the batteries as well.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote