Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question Winnebago Customer Service

I don't want to start a flaming thread I just have a simple question. Is it just me or has Winnebago Customer service gone to heck. My last couple of contacts either were not answered or were slow in coming. Never used to be that way. Also while having some service work done the Mechanic called Winnebago for information and was put on hold for an hour. He finally hung up. I have owned Winnebago's for over 10 years and never had this problem before the last year or so. Is it just me?
Old 08-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick60 View Post
I don't want to start a flaming thread I just have a simple question. Is it just me or has Winnebago Customer service gone to heck. My last couple of contacts either were not answered or were slow in coming. Never used to be that way. Also while having some service work done the Mechanic called Winnebago for information and was put on hold for an hour. He finally hung up. I have owned Winnebago's for over 10 years and never had this problem before the last year or so. Is it just me?
I think you are correct. Since Potts took on the CEO things seem to be going to pot (pun intended). He has announced his retirement. Let's see if the next CEO brings the QC and customer support back to what it used to be.

Winnebago Industries - Company - Investor Relations - News Release

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 08-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I hav'nt needed to call in the last couple of years or so but back then I think I may have waited 5 to 10 mins- not bad.

I have to ask though- what was your question/problem...maybe someone here can help.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Puttin, no issues now but at the time I called I needed info and got no assistance.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I called CS two days ago with a warranty question. Keeping in mind Mondays are the busiest days of the week for them, I was on hold for 53 minutes waiting for a representative to come on. While waiting, I had my phone on speaker and on the charger and tinkered around the MH.

Once he came on, my questions were answered and I was treated to good professionalism by the representative.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I recently called regarding some AV issues on hooking up a portable satellite...

Other than being on hold for what seemed to be an eternity.. once I got someone on the line, he was courteous.. seemed to want to resolve my issue.. when he determined he was out of his league, he got someone else on the line and he was able to help me..

So, other than hold time... I had no issue..

As someone who works at a company who's front door is a phone connection.. I can see if you got the "new" guy, you might have issues.. It's inevitable, at some point, a new guy will have to start answering calls.. s/he probably doesn't have all the knowledge or phone charisma we'd like.. but hopefully s/he will be smart enough to get the correct answer from someone if they don't know.. That will be the true indication if s/he be an asset in the future..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
it's you. we're in the final days of taking delivery of a new 2016 Suncruiser. Over the past weeks both pre and post-ordering I've contacted customer service via e-mail with questions. each has been answered quickly...sometimes within minutes but never longer than overnight. and the few that were replied the next day were messages I had sent after closing. we've been treated exceptionally well by corporate and dealer customer service.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
If you called on a Monday you managed to pick the busiest day of the week. We've been at the factory service department a few times and Mondays are like controlled chaos. There are so many people trying to get service it's unbelievable. There's one line for customers who have an appointment and an even longer one for those that just showed up hoping to get in. Then there's the never ending phone calls of the people trying to schedule an appointment or get information to solve their problems.

I can't imagine the patience and dedication it takes to come to work there on Mondays. It usually takes well into Tuesday before things settle down to the employees only having to move at a running pace.

Last year the service department was remodeled and more service bays were added to alleviate the Monday morning crush. I think what actually happened was the "new and improved" attracted more customers.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I've been watching this thread and I'm glad Winnie seems to still be towing the mark. I sort of enjoy a challenge- if I had a chance to help people with their rigs, I'd do it for free- just give me a computer with their programs and files installed and let me loose!
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I called last week with a question. I was on hold for about 30 minutes, but when the CS rep came on the phone he pulled up a schematic of my motorhome and then sent it to me via email.

No complaints here

Bill
superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:03 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Its you they recently saved my vacation by helping me out when a rv tech (not a dealer) screwed up my electrical system
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:59 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

I have called customer service 3 times in the last 3 years. I had prompt professional response. None of the calls were on a Monday as I refrain from doing that.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:14 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I have had a horrible time with Winnie customer service. Just one week after buying my Brave I called to find out some basic information. The guy I talked to "tommy" was rude and unknowledgable. After I asked to speak to someone who at least knew what coach I was talking about he hung up on me. Then when I called back I got the same guy who promptly hung up on me again. Each time I called the wait time was over a half hour. It took me over an hour to finally get someone in management who basically blamed me for the interaction. Had it happened one week earlier I would not own a winnebago product.

The service at Winnebago's help line is non existent.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via MSN to Saber77
We're at the factory service center now and it's a zoo. Appointments are booked to November. We're #17 on the standby list to get our 3-week old Journey repaired. Every dealer we talked to was booked several months out. Many coaches here with slide issues. We're hoping to get our leaking shower and inoperable water heater fixed so we can at least live in our coach. Winnie has serious QC issues.
Saber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:29 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I've called CS three times and so far it took about 2-weeks to get a response and most times the response was not to helpful. I guess making a call today won't help much either. I'm an optimist so I will give it a shot.

TeJay
Old 08-27-2015, 07:36 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
I've called CS three times and so far it took about 2-weeks to get a response and most times the response was not to helpful. I guess making a call today won't help much either. I'm an optimist so I will give it a shot.

TeJay
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained!"
Old 08-27-2015, 07:40 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber77 View Post
We're at the factory service center now and it's a zoo. Appointments are booked to November. We're #17 on the standby list to get our 3-week old Journey repaired. Every dealer we talked to was booked several months out. Many coaches here with slide issues. We're hoping to get our leaking shower and inoperable water heater fixed so we can at least live in our coach. Winnie has serious QC issues.
You mentioned in another thread that Lichtsenn (trying to spell that from memory) has openings at the end of September. Did you reserve a spot there anyway? Maybe they can squeeze you in sooner if you go over there?
Old 08-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via MSN to Saber77
No, we got lucky. CS called us in first thing this morning! Maybe we can take a shower tonight!
Saber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I think you are correct. Since Potts took on the CEO things seem to be going to pot (pun intended). He has announced his retirement. Let's see if the next CEO brings the QC and customer support back to what it used to be.

Winnebago Industries - Company - Investor Relations - News Release
As the news release indicated, Potts was gone on Aug 6. Here is an interesting Forest City paper editorial on the subject... What about a new CEO at Winnebago.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber77 View Post
No, we got lucky. CS called us in first thing this morning! Maybe we can take a shower tonight!
As I said in the other thread, Congratulations! You got the leak and water heater fixed!

Tags
service, winnebago