Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geri and Jim:
Jeff,who do you call to ask about a trade-in? I have a 2003 model with a bad azimuth motor. I keep getting a "Motor stalled" message. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The person I talked to was Tom.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Here are photos of my "temporary" sloppy gears fix.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Pretty slick engineering Tom. I tried that in Colorado last year and it helped to a certain extent.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark293:
I took both receiver from the moho and plugged them up to the house tv's. They fired right up and received a signal in just a few minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Just because your receivers work in the house doesn't mean they will work in the Rv. You will have a different dish type to select when in the coach. Try the oval dish 2 lnb. first.
Missylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suncircles:
I recently purchased my used Journey and found only after the dealership's 30 day warranty was up that I had the same problem that Sammie has with a AS-2003. (Let the buyer beware!) I spent a week on the phone with Chris at Winegard troubleshooting the system using a new DISH receiver I had recently purchased but I couldn't get the system to lock on satellite 119. The interaction with Chris included (with cell phone in hand) me sitting on the roof of my MH, disassembling the unit and tightening all the gears (which were by the way all loose).

As a side bar, the store manager at the local Camping World said that Winegard was having a lot of problems with their circuit boards in their model AS-2003. That is why the model had been discontinued and, more importantly, why NO replacement parts were available. Of course, he then tried to sell me a new system.

Chris also said that no replacement parts were available for the AS-2003. After all troubleshooting efforts failed, Winegard, without admitting they had a circuit board problem to me, offered me a bargain price on their RoadTrip Dome Model if I would send the AS-2003 circuit boards back to them. DW insisted and I did take them up on their offer.

So, Sammie, first climb up there, take the system apart, exposing the Nylon gears and tighten the screws of the gears with an Allen Wrench. (Have both small size English and Metric Socks with you.) That removed a lot of slop in the movement of the dish/LNBF assembly in my unit. If that does not work, as it didn't for me, well your choice is to cough up the money if your unit is out of warranty (2 years) as mine was or forget about satellite tv. I wouldn't trust a used unit from Ebay without a return guarantee. Mark293 was lucky.

**I have enjoyed this forum very much and it has helped me in a lot of ways in understanding my first Winnebago Diesel Pusher. I thought I should join and give my 2 cents here as a form of payback. THANKS AND KEEP IT UP.** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I had OE AS-2003. Two failures of the little green circuit card in the little metal box under the dish...same problems...would not lock on signal. Yes, Winegard factory tech reps admit problems with AS-2003 circuit cards...appears the card is very temperamental to voltage variations.

My cure: Junked all Winegard problems and went to MotoSat. No more problems... one button tune & lock....everytime!.... Bill Adams...on this same thread...turned my lights on for MotoSat replacement to eliminate Winegard problems. He was correct!