Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2016, 04:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Where is the switch?

I have a 2003 Winne Adventurer 35 U. I can't find a switch for an exterior light located mid coach, driver side near the top. I checked the bulb it is good. I presume the light is intended to serve as a security light or for setting up camp after dark. I know the circuit works as I had inadvertently turned the light on a couple of years back and then shut is off again thinking I would remember the "dumb" switch location. Turns out I was the dumb one. Any ideas as to where the lost switch is?http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks for any help you can offer
michealwhela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:25 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Here's a link to a thread that I believe will answer your question.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/util...-32v-5463.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

My light switch on my 06 Itasca Sunrise 35A is located in the wet bay next to the water pump switch. The light on my MH is used for nighttime setup.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

My 2004 Itasca has the same light. When I turn on my wet bay light, that light also goes on.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Well Gang,
In our '04 Itasca Horizon 36' GD with the 330HP CAT, we have two switches for that light. One is in the wet bay, located in a line with two other switches. One is for that light, one is for the water pump, and one is for the remote monitor panel for all the levels.

The other switch for that light is in the electrical shore power compartment, just behind the left duals. The primary reason for that light is for lighting that side of the coach and area, while you're goofing around with either of those compartments, or anything IN those compartments, after dark. For instance, you may be dumping the tanks late at night, for some reason. Or, you may arrive in the evening and, the park or campsite may not have any lights near by so, you may be hooking up to your hookups in the dark so, a light like that is a pretty good help in that respect.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

my 07 itaska suncruiser is also in wet bay next to water pump switch reads
outside light
weldo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have an exterior light switch in my wet bay and also a switch on my dash labeled "dock light" to control the same exterior light. One time the light was on and wouldn't turn off with the dash switch, which drove me crazy trying to find out what was wrong. I thought I had a short circuit or something. It turned out that I had accidently bumped the wet bay switch on, which is very easy to do, especially since it is close to the water pump switch. I didn't notice that the light was on because it was daylight outside.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all. I do not have a switch specific to the work light in my wet bay or anywhere I can find. I suspect it is part of the switch for the light in the compartment. Time to start tracing wires I guess. Should be a challenge with the limited access. The search goes on...
Old 10-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I didn't realize did things differently in different models and years with the utility light. Your '03 is different than my '04, for example.

Looking at your 2003 Adventurer 35U 12 volt wiring diagram it looks like you have a switch that controls the light in the wet bay and the utility light. Looks like it will only come on when the master compartment lamp switch is on though.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Looking at the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach (also referenced in the previous post) you can see the EXTERIOR SERVICE LAMP at location A-2 on page 11 of the pdf. The connector that wiring harness is plugged into is shown at location A-22 on page 6 of the pdf and you can see that the exterior lamp is wired in parallel with the DRAINAGE COMPARTMENT LAMP and controlled by the same switch (and by the MASTER COMPARTMENT SWITCH, as mentioned in the previous post).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Keep in mind that the light switch for that wet bay is unlike every other compartment light (at least in mine), so if you are looking for a similar setup to the other compartments, you won't find it. Mine is a rocker at the top left above the black/grey valves; next to the water pump switch. All other storage compartments (including the electric) are light fixtures with a built in switch (like the interior incandescent lights).

As cbeierl said, the outside light and the wetbay light are on the same circuit and operated from the same switch. If you can turn the bay light on, the outside light "should" come on as well. Of course as tderonne said; your master compartment light switch must also be on.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:21 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Try rotating the headlight on/off switch on the dash.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles tuit View Post
Try rotating the headlight on/off switch on the dash.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
The on/off headlight switch on the dash can be not only push/pull but can be rotated (twisted clockwise or counterclockwise). It lights my driver side overhead light. Slight chance they wired your outside light to the dash headlight switch.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:47 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Found the problem!

Thanks for all the input. After some diagram study I found my wet bay light also turns on my work light. The problem was a bad wire. Once I located that and repaired it I now have a working light. Now to put things back together and reseal it.

Tags
switch