Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Where is the fuse?

I am having problems with my Kwikee levelers. I can hear the solenoid kick in and then nothing. NO pump reaction. Is there a fuse between the solenoid and the pump? If so where? I have replaced the solenoid, as it burned up, but since I have reconnected everything, nothing works as far as the levelers. Also, how do you know which plug goes to which jack or if it matters.
RayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum. While I can't help you with Kwikee levelers perhaps I can provide some suggestions that will help you find the answer. It will be helpful to put the brand/model/year coach you have in your signature. Fuse locations are generally up to the coach manufacturer so knowing which rig you have will be helpful.

I see from your profile that you have a Winnebago Sightseer. I will move your question to the Winnebago owners forum and I'll bet you get some answers.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Where is the fuse?

The make of our coach is a 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 29R on a workhorse chassis
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I had a problem with the Level Best system on my Voyage. Pulled the connector off the control panel for 30 sec or so to reset the CPU. Cleared up my system not responding.

Also, here is a link to the service manual for the Level Best.
http://www.kwikee.com/PDFDocuments/LBServiceKSG002.pdf

Good luck.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Where is the fuse?

Thank you for the information. I have downloaded the pdf file and read over quite a few pages. I am going to try a couple of things tomorrow. I will let you know how it all comes out.
Ray
Old 01-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayF View Post
Also, how do you know which plug goes to which jack or if it matters.
I can't help with the fuse but yes it does matter which plug goes where. The control board sends a signal to a pair of jack solenoids and you want the proper pair to be activated. I didn't see any labels or ID markings on mine.
It will be a pain but you should be able to ID the proper plugs by using a voltmeter to see which ones indicate 12 v when you press a pair button on the control board. It will easiest with two people.

My control board crapped out recently. It had an intermittent issue where only the two rear jack pair would go down.
I got the board from Lichsinn Motors (got good service as usual) and the cost was high - right at $400 dollars with shipping. Not Lichsinn's fault though.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for all the info from all those that replied. I couldn't resolve my problem so I had to take it to a local RV repair shop. Apparently my problem was not with a fuse or any of the things I checked. Apparently I have burned up motors on both the levelers and one of the slide outs. I am out of warranty and kwikee doesn't make the motors anymore and they want to replace the entire system for $1500. I am still working the the repair people to come up with another solution. I have only had my MH for a little over two years and I have had so many problems. I am very discouraged. Thanks for all of your help.