Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

I have the Winegard ASC2003 dish which came with my coach. There are two coax cables leading from the dish into the roof. One is white, the other almond.

I've found the white cable coming into my switching center but I can't find where the almond cable goes. I can't find the answer in the wiring diagrams and calling Winnie didn't help either.

I'm about to disconnect the almond cable up on the roof to see what (if anything) stops working but wanted to see if anyone had already gone down this road and had an answer.

Thanks Much

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have the Winegard ASC2003 dish which came with my coach. There are two coax cables leading from the dish into the roof. One is white, the other almond.

I've found the white cable coming into my switching center but I can't find where the almond cable goes. I can't find the answer in the wiring diagrams and calling Winnie didn't help either.

I'm about to disconnect the almond cable up on the roof to see what (if anything) stops working but wanted to see if anyone had already gone down this road and had an answer.

Thanks Much

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 11-02-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

The second (Almond) cable is for a second receiver. Acording to the manual the two coax cables are bundled with the power cable. I would check behind the control panel. Check page 5 here.

AS 2003 Manual
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

John is correct, in all likelihood, you would not need the second cable unless you install a second receiver. However, the Dish 625 DVR receiver I have required both cables. I had to take out the back of the panel behind the inverter in the overhead front cabinets to find where the almond cable ends and connect a new cable to it to get to my DVR. Since I have the side entertainment center, I had some opportunities routing it to my DVR, but if your receiver is up front, you would have no problems. Good luck if you want to add a second receiver in your bedroom.
swyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

SW, could you be kind enough to either post, or describe a schematic that will use a 625 reciever in a 04 Bago 33v..Im really scratching my head, as "Im about nuts and bolts, Not amps and volts".. I have a "connection plate O'head, drivers side, w/satelite out/sat in ( I've used a 2800 dish rec. on this for 5 years, but Dish says that that rec. is going out of service).My main tv is front/center, winegard switch box overhead, pass side, and a std bedroom tv. This is asking alot, but if you could shed some lite on it, I'll 'preciate it'.. Thanks, rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks so much for the lead. I took apart the wall plate box but found no coax at all. I think it's because my floorplan has the mid-coach entertainment center on the patio side so the power is routed to the wall plate at the front of the coach above the passenger's head but the coax must be routed directly to the video switch box in the entertainment center. I took this apart a couple months ago and couldn't find the almond cable but I'll try it again over the next few days and report back.

Thanks again.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 11-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I have a hook up for a remote dish in my electrical bay. Could it be for that connection? I use mine regularly and have installed an "A-B" switch in my overhead compartment to avoid having to connect and disconnect cables if I want to use the remote dish hook up.

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RickO:
Thanks so much for the lead. I took apart the wall plate box but found no coax at all. I think it's because my floorplan has the mid-coach entertainment center on the patio side so the power is routed to the wall plate at the front of the coach above the passenger's head but the coax must be routed directly to the video switch box in the entertainment center. I took this apart a couple months ago and couldn't find the almond cable but I'll try it again over the next few days and report back.

Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yours may well go to the bedroom TV, that would make the most sense, as that is where the second receiver is usually placed
Old 11-06-2008, 04:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I guess it could be for the sat connection in the electrical bay but I think both are inputs so I can't imagine how that would work but if I can't find the cable in the video switch box I think I'll disconnect it on the roof and see what stops working.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Remember that a satelite feed is different from a cable or air feed wire. The satelite has to send signals both directions in the wire in order to work. Therefore the satelite needs to be attached at the source and not split off of another wire.

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RickO:
I guess it could be for the sat connection in the electrical bay but I think both are inputs so I can't imagine how that would work but if I can't find the cable in the video switch box I think I'll disconnect it on the roof and see what stops working. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you only have one satellite receiver, you won't see anything happen when you disconnect it on the roof.