Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

What does this plug in to?

The inverter has a 3 prong plug coming out of the rear.....

I don't recall where I unplugged it from?

The wall between the TV area & the cabinet each have a 100 out let?

Thanks

2001 34' Aventurer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inverter.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	170273  
Low_Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Have a look at this pdf, it would appear the only 3 prong plug is the one to supply AC for the auto transfer function when on shore power.
So, if that's the one you're referring to just plug it into the 120 VAC outlet on the wall (inside the cupboard).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2002-06 Dimensions Power Inverter.pdf (391.2 KB, 138 views)

Picture Posting Guide
charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Agree w Charge-it. I un-pluged inverter plug while on shore power and it destroyed the 40 amp circuit breaker under the pass seat. Owners manual says to turn inverter switch off unless actually using it - Good advice.
Shedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Looks exactly like mine. In my Journey, it's the inverter to supply the TV and satellite receiver with power during a power outage so you don't have to wait for the satellite equipment to reboot once power returns. Works fine, and is handy because it takes at least 5 minutes for the DTV receiver to reboot and display a picture. Sometimes it takes so long the TV will time out and shut off. That was a hoot trying to figure out what was going on the first time it happened.

It's kind of amusing when the TV is on and playing, but all the other LR electrical stuff is Off during a power outage. Takes my brain a few seconds to work out what's going on.

The outlet in the back is of course where you plug it the TV and satellite equipment and Winnie bought this Dimension model simply because the outlet is in the back. Making it easier for manufacturing purposes in my RV as the power cord snakes back behind the overhead cabinets and behind the TV.

So I believe it will be plugged into nothing...but rather will be wired to battery circuits. Something will plug into this to get 120 volt power during an electrical outage. Which it appears is happening to it in your picture as it shows no EXT (external) electrical power coming in, like your shore power is disconnected. Since that green light is on, you do have battery, and the Dimension will be providing 120 Vac at that plug.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote