Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick FLA View Post
Got a question for you experanced types ?
Thinking about taking a trip in my Coach from FLA to Texas for the Holidays
(Houston TX) and I wounder if I am in the coach using heater system if I need to be concerned about fresh water and holding tanks freezing if it drops below 32.
I will be traveling in a 2013 Winnebago 36M which has 2 on board propane heaters and 2 roof heat pumps. I don't think it will be too cold but if I get out there and a front comes through would I need to winterize the system.
Any one have experance in this area? BTW I do not thank my coach has any special heating systems for the Bays.

Rick From FLA
I purchased a thermostatically controlled outlet from Thermo Cube, Inc. a few years ago to plug into one or more of my storage bay outlets that cuts on at 35 degrees and cuts off at 45 degrees for connecting an additional heat source. If you use a light bulb as someone suggested and don't want it on all of the time this may work for you. I would be careful about locating the light bulb because they can get pretty hot. We use the coach LP gas furnace but also rely on a quartz electric heater inside a lot so we don't run the furnace exclusively. Also as was suggested the water line to the coach should be disconnected unless you have heat tape. I would also shut the sewer valves for the evening and disconnect those as well for the evening for a cold snap. We have already winterized our RV but were camping recently when an Artic cold front came through. We were OK but a neighbor had problems.
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Cold weather rules:

When temps are going to be BELOW freezing:

Rule 1
Fill your fresh water tank then stow your hose
Rule 2
Dump your holding tanks and stow the hose

Dealing with frozen hoses is an ugly sight ... take my word for that.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Traveling in cold weather and having fun.
Winter camping
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold weather