Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2018, 07:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Updating Date & Time '09 Vectra

Winnebago Vectra 2009. Has the date & time on the instrument panel. The year & dare are not correct. Is there a way to update this information? I was told that it was set at the factory & can not be updated.
jrtgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Where is date/time?

We have an 04 Vectra which may be different than an 09 - is the date/time error in the TripTek system or somewhere else?
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtgirls View Post
Winnebago Vectra 2009. Has the date & time on the instrument panel. The year & dare are not correct. Is there a way to update this information? I was told that it was set at the factory & can not be updated.
In your owners bag you have a Freightliner Owners Manual. The instructions are there. The menu is a bit complex to follow and gives me more white hair each time I enter it. It is basically the same as mine. Had a '05 Vectra. Same.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

John,
This display is on the dash area with odometer and check list.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Ours is different...

I don't think I'll be able to help.
On the dash we have the odometer and trip meter, but no other information.
We have a separate panel for the TripTek controls, and the display for the TripTek comes up on the backup camera/monitor, not the dash.
I'll still see if I can find something to reset - does sound like you should be able to. I know on the TripTek, you press the up and down arrows at the same time to access various menus, and then scroll through those to reset.
Seems like you should have some combination of things to press to access a reset or similar.
Good Luck!
John
Old 07-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Try this...

Not at all what our dash looks like....but have a look:

Old 07-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The display is called the LBCU - Light bar control unit by Freightliner. As Rick suggested full instructions are in yor Freightliner Owners Manual in the Winn package. You could also download the manual from the FL site. Its not something simple that could be documented here
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Finally, post #6 with the right answer. The '04 - '07 Winnes and Itascas used what's called the "Medallion Information Center". It's small LCD screen on the side of the dash, totally separate from what was called the "Annunciator Panel". That's the bar with all the colored icons and squares.

Starting in 2008, Winne changed to the LCBU, Light Bar Control Unit. The information displayed in Medallion Info Center of the older Winnes, is now displayed in the center of the LCBU. And, the Medallion Info Center has buttons with arrows right next to the screen for your control on what you saw.

The LCBU has a small "Joy Stick" on the left side, just outside the dash. The process of finding and displaying specifically requested info is much more tedious on the LCBU than it ever was on the Medallion. There has been a couple of threads on here lately on how to navigate through that LCBU. One member on here even wrote up a shorter, more easier set of instructions to follow that would help the average user get to where he/she wanted to.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

I don't think post # 6 is the correct dash. My '05 vectra didn't look like that. The settings were all done with the joystick toggle on the shift console area.

Mine is with the mirror control. I hold the toggle right for about 6 seconds. (Key in ignition position.) The top line says Setup. Click right once more and Set time and date is displayed. Right click again and set your time and date. I never find this easy or intuitive to follow.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the information.

Linda
Old 07-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtgirls View Post
Thanks for all the information.

Linda

Please let us know if you get your issue corrected.
Rick