Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

TV Removal

I would like to replace the front TV in my 2006 Winnabago Voyage. However, I have not been able to figure out how to remove the front molding so I may gain access to the TV. I understand that the TV is strapped down but have yet to figure out how to gain access. Is there anyone who has had this same problem and been able to figure out a solution.
Shipdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #2

I'm not sure I can help you with your Winnie, only pass on how I did it on my Monaco.

The oak trim around the front of the TV was held on with recessed wood screws. Just popped of the wood buttons to expose the screws. There were four screws on exterior of the bootom of the cabinet that actually anchored the TV. Removal was pretty straight forward.

I'm sure someone with a Winnie has done this mod and could be more help. Good luck!
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I don't have your particular model, but in general what many miss is that on most models there are side screws in the cabinets on each side of the central TV that need to be removed along with more obvious ones across the bottom.

You might try checking the front inside of each side cabinet (top and bottom).
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

There are 2 screws on each side of the wood frame. You can get to them through the equipment cabinet on each side. I did the TV conversion on my 2006 Voyage and it was easy. Can send you pix if you need them.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Romad, Would you please put the pictures of tv removal on the forum for all to see. With the lousy reception from the older analog tvs, folks will be doing a lot of replacing by using the new flat screen tvs. Thanks, Al
Al Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Roma, trust another AF vet to have the solution to my problem. Thank you. If you could send all the info to [email protected] it would be greatly appreciated.
Shipdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

ROMAD, I would love to see the pics as I would like to change out the front tv in my rig as well. <[email protected]> Thanks in advance.
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Here's a set of photos showing the front and rear removal and install on our Meridian. Yours may be similar:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35174404@N02/sets/

Good luck!
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Here is what I did.

Flickr: KF5F's Photostream

I removed 7/8" from each side of the frame and the rear portion of the 32" Sharp TV slips inside of the frame. Only the Frame around the screen sticks out in front of the wood frame which is less than 2 inches.

Hope this helps.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
TBI
Winnebago Camper

Great set of pictures ROMAD. Nice explanation of the steps required. It will make it a lot easier for me. Thanks for your effort.
TBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to BubbaJePH Send a message via Yahoo to BubbaJePH
My 2007 Itasca Sunstar 30B had little buttons hiding the screws that holds the wood trim. Then there were two bolts. One on each side holding the bracket against the top of the TV. I had to take my 5 - 1 painter's tool and hammer to cut through the melted double back tape between the bracket and the TV. I was able to turn the TV slightly to disconnect the antenna coax. The TV is heavy!. After I removed the TV. I cut a 3/4" plywood board to fit the opening 1/2 way back inside the opening. I took metal angle brackets and screwed the plywood to the frame. I used a hole saw to cut four openings to run the coax, RCA cables and power to the connections. I got a wall mount from Best Buy and fixed the TV to the board. I then replaced the faceplate to the opening. It almost looks factory My LCD TV is inside the cabinet. I think it looks better than mounted outside the cabinet as the 2009 30B looks.
BubbaJePH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #12
jr.
Winnebago Watcher

Hi I replace the front tv for jounry 36 2004 With a magnovox 32 in flat screen. The tv is 30 inche wide and fits in to the hole prefect and the wood frame goes right up on the side. Looks just like it came from the factor.
jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

What great descriptions as it looks like we all are going to be going through the same replacements. Sharp microwave oven has quit working already so glad to hear of other brand TVs that will fit the opening as I am sure to avoid anything Sharp. My local appliance store said it was almost impossible to get parts from Sharp, guess everything is throw-away nowadays.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote