Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-22-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Well I had posted about the two minor issues we had in our new 35J. Well they were going to try to service the TV but instead just pulled it and are sending it back, then I guess Winnebago will send a new one out - we won't have it for our shake down cruise but at least I can put a TV from home up there so we can watch some TV on our shake down cruise.

They were not able to duplicate the high beams not working, since they didn't work then worked for me I can't fault them. I'll see if it happens again.

Picked up a lightly used 2006 Jeep Liberty, need to start leaning about TOADS now.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Well I had posted about the two minor issues we had in our new 35J. Well they were going to try to service the TV but instead just pulled it and are sending it back, then I guess Winnebago will send a new one out - we won't have it for our shake down cruise but at least I can put a TV from home up there so we can watch some TV on our shake down cruise.

They were not able to duplicate the high beams not working, since they didn't work then worked for me I can't fault them. I'll see if it happens again.

Picked up a lightly used 2006 Jeep Liberty, need to start leaning about TOADS now.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Make sure that the TV is secured when you go down the road!

Please consider a toad braking system when you get further into the toad hookup.

Sorry you are having difficulty with the coach TV. Would it not come on? or bad picture?
Old 12-24-2006, 07:52 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Oh I will totally secure it, trust me. But that's good advice. I was looking at it yesterday and figured out how I can use a couple compression straps to lock it down tight. The picture was bad was all, had a rainbow effect from the center out and the colors were all pink and purple. Minor issue in the scheme of things.

I am looking at all the braking systems, wouldn't go without them. I am installing our Prodigy today for our ATV trailer, and I've been trying to read up on all the toad braking options here and on RV.net too - talk about total confusion.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Be sure and check out rvupgrades for your toad braking and tow bar needs...They're an iRV2 corporate sponsor and have recently added hundreds of items to their catalog....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The Liberty is really a great toad - we have pulled ours for 15,000+ miles and have 4-wheeled it in many states. It is also surprisingly heavy - ours went over 4,000 pounds on the scale with some junk in the 'trunk.' Be sure you do auxiliary braking!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks guys, I do plan on the auxilary braking - pretty sure in WA is the law or will be soon, either way only seems to make sense.

John - thanks for the comment on the Jeep, I pretty much picked the Liberty based on all the positive comments I've read from RVers that tow them. It doesn't seem like a bad little rig for around town driving either. After driving an F350 for a while its nice to be able to whip in and out of parking spaces again.