Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2005 34 Ft Adventurer. I almost always have white flecks drifting across the TV screen, front and back. Worse in front. Watch mostly satellite but it also happens on antenna. Sometimes it will get so bad that it actually blacks out picture and "no signal" is indicated. I'm looking for a soul mate who has had and solved a similar problem not a PHD symposium in electronics. Hope it could be so easy.

Terry L.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2005 34 Ft Adventurer. I almost always have white flecks drifting across the TV screen, front and back. Worse in front. Watch mostly satellite but it also happens on antenna. Sometimes it will get so bad that it actually blacks out picture and "no signal" is indicated. I'm looking for a soul mate who has had and solved a similar problem not a PHD symposium in electronics. Hope it could be so easy.

Terry L.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Terry, welcome to the forum.

I just had this problem in the house and found several antenna coax (antenna wire) nuts were loose. I unscrewed them, removed and then reinserted the coax wire, tightened them with a very light touch of a pliers and all is good.

Check the wire/nuts at the distribution box. You'll have to remove the outer plate to get at the nuts. Look for bent over wires that aren't inserting properly but touching enough to pass a bad signal.

Please let us know if you get it fixed.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonavonP:
--snip-- I just had this problem in the house and found several antenna coax (antenna wire) nuts were loose. --snip-- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's my guess as well.

Welcome to the forum!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Terry;

I had a bad ballast in a fluorescent light that was causing problems. IMHO it is either electrical interference or bad connections. Check all your connections first and if that does not fix the problem start by turning everything off one at a time to try and isolate the cause. You could pull the plug on the coach and power your entertainment center with an extension cord from an external source. Let us know what you find.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the input. Being the extremely lazy type, I've tried none of the above but I did give the panel holding the PB selector switches a couple of good solid raps and didn't see anything happen signal wise.

I did try disconnecting shore power and while exercising my genny, I turned on the TV and the picture was crystal clear. I even think it was clear for a while after I went back on shore power?

Will keep waiting for the magic solution, watching it snow and checking this forum.

Terry L.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

This sure sounds like the tvs in my old bounder.It would start out with small white flects and end up with a snow storm.Problem turned out to be the contacts in the signal distribution box were going bad.A easy check would to remove the antenna coax from the distribution box and go straight to the front tv with the coax.Replace the box if signal clears up.
pep65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Check and see if your Converter is running at the same time the flecks appear... I,ve seen this happen on a few units..

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Just went under the cabinet and unplugged the converter. Couldn't tell I had done a thing. Still snowing!
Thanks

Terry L
Old 09-24-2007, 04:46 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I get a minor amount of snow on my TV when I run the front Fantastic Fan. The faster I run the fan the more snow I get. Turn it off and TV is crystal clear. Just my 2 cents.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote