Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Tube TV to LED - help need

I purchased a 2007 W. Vista 30b that had a tube TV in it. Above the passenger side storage was a Winegard digital converter box. After installing the LED TV I can't get the TV to recognize over the air channels.

I have 3 coax cables coming from the roof. One goes to the satellite outlet on the drivers side, then there are two others, one has a red marking on it the other a green. I connected both of those, one at a time, and searched for channels - and nothing.

Any ideas or suggestions? What's the difference between the two coax cables coming from the roof marked red and green?
jimgior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

No info on the color code but I might throw in my thoughts. Have you found a switch for the amplifier on the antenna? Threw me for a loop for the first one I had as it was only a small switch on the back part of a switchplate located up in a cabinet. And to make it even harder, the LED indicator was on the back side behind the coax. On cable the switch/ amp were to be off but needed on when over the air. Mine was a small slide switch and really easy to miss.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Antenna amp turned on?

Any help with this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv amp.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	170670  
Old 12-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Problem solved thanks to Morich. I installed a line from the output left of the on/off switch (photo above) directly to the tv and got a signal.

I figured out the red and blue coax - one goes to the back tv the other goes to the front are wired to the back of the outlet in Morich's photo. I assume originally there was a control box that they went into that the original owner removed.
jimgior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Do you have the manual for your RV?
If not, this is what I think fits yours and section 8 may help figure what was there when new:
https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m...07/07Vista.pdf

Chasing coax can be a real trick! Good luck!
Old 12-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

hi boys looking for a chasse manual for a 2007 vista winne.33t ford 53
tedskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hi ,I have the same Coach My Vista 30B Hadthe same original old TV . I installed 2 L G Flat screen TV ‘s a 32” front and a 28” in Bed room . I use a regular antenna they work Great . I also have a blue ray / DVD player this unit also receives WiFi . This is connected to the HDMI . I Don’t Bother with the roof mounted antenna or the Sat dish . The antenna I use just are very small and lay behind the TV’s . Good luck
Bill 2007 Vista 30B 17,361 miles Columbus Ohio
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:11 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

jimgior, the Green marked coax goes to the second TV.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Go with a Smart TV

Just a suggestion, from my experience.
If you convert to a flat screen, go with a "Smart" one. That is one that's able to directly connect to the internet.
In some campgrounds, you have internet that allows you to view movies. If not, you can use your smart phone to supply a "personal hotspot" for your TV to use. With decent phone service, it works very well and we watch Netflix or Amazon shows in HD. Make sure you have unlimited data for the phone! Movies burn data very fast.

Tags
led