Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

My friend has a new vecta with a spotlight. It didn't come with the remote so they sent him one. It still doesn't work. Any idea where the fuse is or how to test it?
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

My friend has a new vecta with a spotlight. It didn't come with the remote so they sent him one. It still doesn't work. Any idea where the fuse is or how to test it?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:45 PM   #3

check the batteries. It takes 2, but you will probably have to buy them at Radio Shack because they are an odd size. Ours quit working and it was the batteries.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I bought a year old Horizon with the remote spot light and I also was missing the remote. I ordered a $50 remote but it still didn't work my spotlight.
This weekend I tried my remote on a friend's Journey and it didn't work.
We then tried his remote on my light it didn't work either but his works fine on his spot.
From the ground both our lights look like the same model and the remotes look alike but his remote has a different part number on the back. I wonder if there are different frequencies.

I will be interested to know if you find a solution.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

You probaly have the same light as I. If you don't have the instruction sheet check out [email protected] or e mail me & I will try scanning one for you. The trick to resetting or programing is removing power from the light itself. I found this connection on the backside of the fuse panel in front,outside, leftside elect compartment. If you can ID the fuse you could do that as well. Pull the connector off removing power to light, then press & hold remote switch (the red LED will come on) then replace light power. After a few seconds the LED will blink (some units will not) then release switch. unit should be ready to go.
Vern in Duvall, Wa..

2004 Vectra 40 AD Cummins 350 W/Banks power package
2004 PT Cruiser, GT, Turbo, w/5 speed
Blue Ox Avanta 3 & Blue Ox tow plate W/Brake Buddy
Good Sam, long time Thousand Trails, & considering FMCA
Old 11-23-2005, 07:06 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Jim,
This is too funny. Since I could not help you on Sunday (at Lodi), I thought I would try to get the answer for you. You apparently have a RADIORAY manufactured by GOLIGHT with a programmable Wireless Remote. I thought you had a Vector instead of the Horizon (sorry). I looked at GOLIGHT.COM and their technical Q&A said to disconnect the power, set the dip switches in any sequence, hold down the on/off button, and turn the power back on for 3-5 seconds. The unit should then be programmed.
I tried to find the wiring diagram on the WIC site but the exterior lights are only the Winnebago lights. I did learn the light is a 65 Watt Philips #9 with 400,000 Candle Power!
Let me know if you find either the fuse or the connection. If not, I'd be glad to work on it with you in February at Duck Island if you are going to be there? This help?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Big Bear and Dennis thanks for your help with the remote light. Following your directions I tried to find a fuse to the light but was unable to locate. Dennis I also tried to find a clue in the wiring diagram but the light, as you said and as far as I could see, wasn't included.

Today I finally disconnected the chassis batteries then reconnected them while holding down the remote on/off button. That did the trick and the light now works.

Big Bear thanks for your kind offer to scan the instruction sheet, appears I've got it licked. And Dennis, thanks for such a great job of researching my problem it did help a lot. Debbie and I are planning to be at Duck Island so see you there.