Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #21
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hogbreth:
Just saw a 06 Horizon and the Dimensions is still the inverter of choice. Looking into getting a new 06 KD and trading the 04 AD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez hogbreth,ya better buy one off the lot,I've waited 11 weeks for my ordered unit and it's finished and sitting in Iowa with all the MH delivery drivers being used for FEMA trailers.

John C., I appreciate your thoughts on the warranty issue,I'm not sure what I'll do.
The good news is the relationship I have with the dealer,if I did have a problem I don't think it'd be insurmountable.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I wasn't able to sit at the computer today, so I'll respond now.

Winnebago switched over to Demensions in 2004 because Xantrex cause they a lot of problems with the Freedom 1500 and 2000. In fact, if you have one of these units and it takes a dump on you, you have to deal with Xantrex directly--and hold on to your pants, because these folks are hard to deal with, even if your unit is still under their 30 month warranty.

Anyway, back to the proper set-up. And John, if I'm not mistaken, both the Xantrex and Dimension have set-up procedures. Whether they were set correctly at the factory or not, it's a good idea to check it out just to be safe. Anytime a battery boils, there is a reason and it should be corrected or you'll be replacing a battery or batteriers. I personally don't like high charge rates. I think a 15 amp charge rate is to high for a standard maintain rate. I think 13 or there abouts is safer and well cause less boiling.

Here again, I highly suggest if anyone is concerned with their inverter's operation and set-up, call the manufacture before it's too late. The last time I called and talked to these folks, it didn't cost me a dime, but saved me hundreds of dollars from not having to replace my batteries.

PS/ Battery acid plays helll on battery boxes and trays and tray rollers too.

radarr
Old 12-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hogbreth:
Just reinstalled the front TV and the part that failed is the same transister that failed before. I know the TV tech and he said that the problem was heat related and that a surge suppresor or such would be useless. My thought is that maybe some type of pancake fan to remove heat from the enclosure would help. Just saw a 06 Horizon and the Dimensions is still the inverter of choice. Looking into getting a new 06 KD and trading the 04 AD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If it is the TV failures causing heartburn, there is a less expensive solution.

I now have the bug (and he is biting pretty hard) to yank the front TV and put an LCD in its place mounted on a swing-out panel. With the TV moveable we can watch it easily while we are at the table. I would go for a 16:9 aspect and have a drawer made to take up the space the 4:3 Sony vacated on the bottom.

(Watch for Winnie to dump the 27" CRT TV when they run out of their inventory and prices come down a little more on LCDs)

We gain a drawer, we lose a few pounds, we now have easy access to the rear of the TV and we can go HD. Sounds like a winner to me

I'm slowly introducing this to Jane - must have the treasurer's approval before we get to the implementation stage.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:41 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Winnebago is using an LCD in the bedroom of some of the '06 models.

My Suncruiser has the Sony 27" Wega in a cabinet on the floor behind the passenger seat with the electronics cabinet over the TV. We really like the TV there. Our coach and recliner are both on the drivers side opposite the TV.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:27 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

John, I've been thinking about doing the same thing front and rear. I have a third set in my bedroom (the HR has a bed/sitting room layout) and I have a 15 inch LCD connected to my satellite dish. The cable input is in use with regular cable tv and the satellite input is in use with digital cable tv and a DVR.

I think you will see some of the major TV manufacturers annouce that they are no longer making CRT type TVs after this model year ends.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
I now have the bug (and he is biting pretty hard) to yank the front TV and put an LCD in its place mounted on a swing-out panel. With the TV moveable we can watch it easily while we are at the table. I would go for a 16:9 aspect and have a drawer made to take up the space the 4:3 Sony vacated on the bottom.

(Watch for Winnie to dump the 27" CRT TV when they run out of their inventory and prices come down a little more on LCDs)

We gain a drawer, we lose a few pounds, we now have easy access to the rear of the TV and we can go HD. Sounds like a winner to me

I'm slowly introducing this to Jane - must have the treasurer's approval before we get to the implementation stage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Jeez John, get out of our heads. thats the next thing in our coach to get the "hhhhhmmmmm....what if we ....."

What a waste of space that huge TV takes up.

Cheers!!

By the way we took out that Dimension inverter toot sweet when we got our coach. The Prosine unit works so much better.

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:31 PM   #27
Administrator Emeritus

32" LCD is one of the options I selected on the new Vectra....

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:58 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
32" LCD is one of the options I selected on the new Vectra.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Now you're starting to make me feel bad
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BucknJeff:
Jeez John, get out of our heads. thats the next thing in our coach to get the "hhhhhmmmmm....what if we ....." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Please post pictures when you make the changout

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote