Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Ok, slides won't come all the way in at one time, battery seem low, but!

House batteries 13.8 volts, won't take charge, Engine Battery 11.7v charger now on that. Went out every two to three hours, finnaly got livingroom slide in all the way, a few inches at a time, working on bedroom slide now.

Motorhome is at home, just returned Sunday night, backed up to garage, jacks down level slides out, empty contents until we leave for Texas in January, and come to back into garage last night, slides won't come in , motor grinds to a halt after moving slide about 3 or 4 inches. This is both slides! Funny thing is the engine battery is showing its low, not House batterys. And yes the disconnect sw is correct!

Bruce
Old 10-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Ok, slides won't come all the way in at one time, battery seem low, but!

House batteries 13.8 volts, won't take charge, Engine Battery 11.7v charger now on that. Went out every two to three hours, finnaly got livingroom slide in all the way, a few inches at a time, working on bedroom slide now.

Motorhome is at home, just returned Sunday night, backed up to garage, jacks down level slides out, empty contents until we leave for Texas in January, and come to back into garage last night, slides won't come in , motor grinds to a halt after moving slide about 3 or 4 inches. This is both slides! Funny thing is the engine battery is showing its low, not House batterys. And yes the disconnect sw is correct!

Bruce
Old 10-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Bruce

Both your slides and leveling jacks (and your door step if it is electric) run off your engine/chassis batteries. One way to get some quick help if the house batteries are good is to hold the battery boost switch down while you run the slide and/or jacks in. (been there, done that!!) Of course, that is also how you might have to start the engine!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Use the Aux start switch to help boost the battery power for the slides, and/or run the engine.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Why not just start the engine to get slides in. Your chassis battery maybe getting old to hold charge or you need a Trickel Start to keep up your chassis battery. All batteries should be getting charged by your altenator.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks guys, Paul, Mike T, and 007, I suspose I could read the book, but that takes all the fun out of life, it's more fun to charge the wrong battery and wounder why it "Don't Work"!

Logic, logic, logic, why power slides from Engine? I can see "Jacks from Engine Batterys, but Slides? Anyway thanks a lot, my head is back on straight!

Bruce
Old 10-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I usually run the jacks and slide up and out or in and down with the engine running and have never had any trouble. My defrost fans also run from the engine battery only. Wish I could change that.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote