Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sirius antenna placement

We have a 2017 LXE 27 that I want to put a Sirius system on. I am thinking of using the area on the roof where it is designated for the satellite antenna (center forward on the roof). If I drill out that area per the labeled guidelines will I be able to get a cable down into the coach? I want to do as clean an installation as possible.
TangoCharly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We had a portable system with the little hockey puck antenna. I just placed it on the dash. If it started fading DW would move it to the more Southern area of the dash. Worked 99% of the time and kept me from drilling holes.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
ADA
Winnebago Camper

I put my puck in the compartment over the driving console next to the center mounted tv. It works fine for driving in all directions. Just be sure in is not directly under or close to some metal, i.e. the roof mounted horns. No need to drill holes in the roof.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:57 PM   #4
ADA
Winnebago Camper

PS, I ran the antenna cable from under the dash up behind the trim piece at the left end of the windshield. Simple, out of view and no holes.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:48 AM   #5
Site Team

The previous owner of our RV installed an antenna. I think what he did is take apart the cabinet top above the drivers seat then locate a good place to drill. "I think" he did this because I went next to his hole and drilled a hole for the cellular booster antenna that way. It appears he ran the wire down through the a-pillar and under the dash. I've got it coming out through the bottom of the backup monitor to a portable receiver which is working great for us hooked to a rear AUX plug on the stereo.

Tags
ace, antenna