Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Searching for Halogen to LED replacement

I want to replace the light bulbs in the interior Halogen recessed ceiling lighting with LED bulbs. The parts list for my 06 Horizon lists these recessed light assy's but no bulb numbers.

LIGHT - HALOGEN - ROUND - SATIN NICKEL 123775-01-02A EA 25

Does anyone know the part numbers or manufacturer numbers for an LED equivalent?
KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Just a standard 2-prong G4 bulb. Any number of replacement LEDs will work as long as they have the two prongs. If you look at the Winne Parts catalog for your light you'll see a tiny picture of the bulb right above the listing.

Now a couple caveats (having replaced all mine...) you most likely want downward facing discs. Check the size, as you have limited space. On mine (the brass version of yours) there was a ceramic heat sink in the fixture to handle the heat of the Halogen bulb. I had to remove mine (simple screwdriver work) to make room for the LED disk light.

If your lights are on dimmers, make sure you get LEDs that work with them... not all do. I don't have a dimmer switch so wasn't an issue for me.

For what it's worth, I used these http://www.ledlightsworld.com/dc12v-...aaea3522cdab1f but there are many available in today's market.

As you look and compare, think about how bright you need. I tried ones with 10 LED on each disk, which I decided were too bright, so I dropped back to the ones above that have 6 LEDs. Also, you'll have to decide on the color "temp" of the LEDs. I went with Warm White because I didn't like the strong pure white some offer.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here's my thread from a while ago: LED Upgrades. It includes details of how I upgraded mine. The included eBay links may no longer be valid, but they include the full product description, so you should be able to search using that info.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Each bulb should have a number printed on the base or the glass itself. Our G4 style have the wattage printed on the glass near the pins. If you're replacing the G4 style bulbs be aware that there are many different wattages that all look very similar. I've seen wattages from 10 watts to 50 watts.

We have 22, G4 style fixtures in our 2013 Adventurer. The ones in the ceiling with a 4 3/4" diameter lens take a 20 watt halogen bulb. The ones under the cabinets and with a 3 1/4" diameter lens, and the wall sconces take a 10 watt bulbs.

We used the Samsung Elite series purchased from M4 Products.

M4 Products

They have an excellent online site complete with a tutorial, and examples of the light emitted from the different color levels available. They're not the cheapest, but I believe they're well worth the money spent.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I have bought several g4 10w replacements at Lowes. They are 12v, and are with the landscape bulbs. Quality & output are quite good. You might also check in the appliance bulbs section at Lowes or Walmart as 12v g4's are also used as appliance bulbs. My Advantium microwave/convection uses a 12v g4 20w.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
We used the Samsung Elite series purchased from M4 Products.
I like the Samsung Elite series from M4. They are a bit pricey but I like not having to remove the reflector/heat shield. So, I ordered 12 Warm White for the Galley and Living Room.

KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

x2 M4Products.com

Tags
replace, replacement