Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Replacing chassis batt

I need to replace the Ford chassis batt......and I was thinking about getting a deep cycle one, does anyone have a deep cycle batt for the chassis? if so what model?

Front & Rear Koni FSD's
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I need to replace the Ford chassis batt......and I was thinking about getting a deep cycle one, does anyone have a deep cycle batt for the chassis? if so what model?
Deep Cycle Batteries are not well suited to be automotive batteries. I would stay with a conventional lead acid battery and get a battery rated between 650 to 750 CCA or the equivalent battery that was installed OE by Ford.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Deep Cycle Batteries are not well suited to be automotive batteries. I would stay with a conventional lead acid battery and get a battery rated between 650 to 750 CCA or the equivalent battery that was installed OE by Ford.
Thanks that was the kind of info I was looking for.

Front & Rear Koni FSD's
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Thanks that was the kind of info I was looking for.
You're welcome!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
i have been using a sears platinum diehard agm 12v for my starting battery for about 3 years. is is working well. it is sealed, never have to add water.
i was at cost-less auto supply in the pacific nw recently. they have a 12v agm starting battery for $40.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

And, on the other side of the coin, and I may be learning something here, but when I had my 3 Interstate 27's (all but one was 4-5 years old) replaced over a year ago with 3 29's, (one had bad cell), the mechanic (40 years experience) used the year old 27 (after complete testing) for the chassic battery. He said it would work just fine and was better than the one that was in there. I THINK the old chassic battery was an Interstate 800 CCA and it was about 5 years old. Actually still have it in the shop for 12v testing.

So, that's my story. All works well, no problems.

Comments??
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

AGM's

Would AGM's be fine for the chassis batteries? Joe