Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Remote Entry

I have a 2006 Winnebago Journey with remote entry door and cargo door locks. The remote and the inside button work the cargo doors ok, but the entry door does not lock or unlock with either the remote or the inside button. When I push the "unlock" button, lights flash and the porch light comes on like it is supposed to, but there is no sound or action at the door lock itself. I suspect that the problem lies inside the door, but just not sure. Any ideas?
jkjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Don't know the Winnebago, but my Newmar has 4 contact points in the door-hinge area to make the connection to the door. Are those contact points CLEAN ???
Siggy D.
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem with my Horizon. The contacts on the door were the problem and a fingernail emery board solved it. Seems like leaving the door open under the awning still allows rain to affect the contacts.

Roy
royinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Also, check the circuit breaker for the door locks which is located behind the electrical panel above the Onan generator in the front of the motor home. When I was having some trouble with the system, the door lock had tripped the breaker as it had been jammed due to broken glass getting into the mechanism when some low life broke into the motor home while in storage.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
KIX
Winnebago Master

And if it's actually the 12v solenoid actuator that actuates the lock it is not expensive and easy to replace.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the feedback. In my case, it was the contacts on the door. I cleaned it with spray electronic cleaner and it works fine now. Thanks.
jkjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjourney View Post
Thanks for the feedback. In my case, it was the contacts on the door. I cleaned it with spray electronic cleaner and it works fine now. Thanks.

A pencil eraser works if you can't find your electronics cleaner
Old 06-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #8

Yes, an eraser works on the contacts inside the door. They look like metal dimples. Just clean them off with the eraser well and hope the works for you. It did me!
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

The actuator (pn 128913-01-702) on my 2005 Winnebago Journey quit working. Called my parts dealer and they told me the price was $81, but they could not get it anymore. Winnebago had an alternative that included a special linkage, for $207. I removed the actuator went on line and found the exact actuator at Parts Express on the internet. Their pn 330-010 was $7.50. I paid $9 for second day FedEx. Got it today. I had to cut the plug off the old one and installed female bullet terminals on the wires to match up with the new actuators terminals. I could have hard wired it, but did not know the polarity. I could easily change it. Which I had to. The actuators blue wire connects to the original green wire and the actuators green wire connects to the original yellow wire. It works great, plus Parts Express also sent a pocket screwdriver.
spanny1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We just purchased a 2005 Winnebago journey 39K. We have a similar problem. If I lock the door with the remote key fob or the key, I can hear the lock move and the lights blink. But then I pull the door handle and the door opens. I purchased the MH from a dealership so they said they'd fix it. I'll let you know what they say the problem is.
Deucenut is offline   Reply With Quote