Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Rand McNally Volume Control

I have the Itasca Merian 2014 40U. My GPS system is the Rand McNally. The problem that I am having is that I cannot adjust the volume of the GPS higher than the Sirius XM Radio, AM/FM radio, CD Radio...

I would like to be able to make the GPS directions louder when spoken. Is there a way where I can increase or decrease the volume of the voice giving directions or alerts within the Rand McNally GPS.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

BTW: I have read the manual and I do not see any answer to my question.

Rick
Old 02-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
JBP
Winnie-Wise

My Rand McNally is part of an Infotainment system in my 2015. If I remember correctly you can go to setup and control the volume there. Mine will also let me turn up the volume when the units is talking and it turns that up and not the radio.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
My Rand McNally is part of an Infotainment system in my 2015. If I remember correctly you can go to setup and control the volume there. Mine will also let me turn up the volume when the units is talking and it turns that up and not the radio.
Thanks JBP...

I think I found the setting via the MENU and not via the Rand McNally application. There was an option for NAV Volume. I put it at Max so I will find out tomorrow when I program the GPS for a trip.

Rick
Old 02-08-2016, 03:59 PM   #4
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Glad that you found it.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:29 AM   #5
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Grumpy did you watch the video from Lichtsinn.com. They go over the set up and operation of the Rand McNally. I think that they are using 2014 or 2015 Meridian. It was a very good video. They are the closest dealer to Winnebago.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Glad that you found it.
Well JBP... I spoke to soon.

Under MENU settings / AUDIO / Page 2, I increased the NAV Volume to 10. I then took a trip today. The NAV volume was a little louder but whenever the NAV voice came on to give directions, I increased the volume. After the GPS directions stopped, the radio volume also increased and I would have to lower the volume, which also lowered the NAV volume. It was like a see-saw game. Grrrrrrrrr.

Can you check you settings and let me know what they are. I had to drop off the coach for warranty repair today. I spoke to the service advisor. He looked at the settings and thought the NAV Volume MIX had to be off, but was not sure. I did not get a chance to test it yet.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Rick
Old 02-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Grumpy did you watch the video from Lichtsinn.com. They go over the set up and operation of the Rand McNally. I think that they are using 2014 or 2015 Meridian. It was a very good video. They are the closest dealer to Winnebago.
Hi JBP,

I went and looked at their videos. There were two, but neither one dealt with my NAV Volume issue. The first video dealt with setting up the Motorhome specs (i.e., height, weight, length, etc.). The second video demonstrated on pair a smartphone via Bluetooth.

Thanks for the info just the same...

Rick
Old 02-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #8
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I will look in the morning.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:44 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

On mine, setting the NAV AUDIO MIX to full will mute the other audio during instructions.

Also, I think there is a Dynamic Volume setting in the NAV section settings.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
JBP
Winnie-Wise

If there is a dynamic setting I did not find it. Try calling infotainment. I did on my SD card and they were very helpful. Number is 574-522-7781. That should get you to the tec group.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Im having the same issue on my 2015 Aspect. I set the nav volume to " 10 " and you still can not hear nav instructions over the radio volume. At one point ....during the nav instructions a speaker icon popped up on the screen ( lower left corner ). I assumed that was the volume control for the nav setting. WRONG..... I tapped on the icon and it locked up the radio. The radio didn't respond to any controls...neither touch pad or hard buttons. We went the remainder of the trip with JUST camera's. For the next few hours I found out stuff about my wife I never knew in 25 years of marriage When I got set up at the next location I decided to disconnect the NEG post of the battery for a few mins. and when I reconnected the battery the radio rebooted...and all was back to original.........no volume control on Nav. again.

I'll be interested to read about a solution to this issue........thanks
Old 02-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

On my system, I open the settings menu within the NAV program, second page contains sound settings. Dynamic sound is one of the options. FWIW.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Anti-glare

While talking about the NAV system, I was curious if ant of you are bother by glare on the NAV screen while driving - any comments about anti-glare screens and or a shade of some sort might be beneficial. I currently have my headliner down to install 2 6" fans so I will look and see if there is room to add a speaker or two that would run just off of the NAV sound controls.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:01 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

I know this is an old thread but i'm in the same situation for volume control.

Also, does anyone have a link to the manual?
Thanks,
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:28 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I'd sure like to find a fix also. I've called the company and got no help. Every once in awhile I can get the volume control for just the NAV to open up and I can set the NAV volume higher than XM but it doesn't last. And the next time I use it I can't figure out what I did to get the NAV volume to open.

I've also went into settings and tried various changes there without success. Very frustrating.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

I called. On main menu page go to "Settings" "Audio" then to the second page (top right corner) and you will find the nav audio there. I set mine to 10, 10 and Full.

In the Full mode it will only mute the front speakers. The other house speakers will continue to broadcast whatever audio setting the system was on.

I wish it could go a little louder but it should be satisfactory Sitting without the engine running was very good.

I noticed on the manual page that they sent me that there is a picture depicting a speaker and a - and + sign. All mine has is the speaker and it just mutes the audio.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote