Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2005 Adventurer with Q-Surround that we are having problem with.

Tonight we were watching TV though the house speakers when all of a sudden the sound seemed to cut out out on the two kitchen surround sound speakers while the volume through the TV speakers and the front surround sound speakers worked just fine.

When we stood directly in front of the surround speakers we found that the speakers were emitting sound however they were now at a much lower volume that the other surround and TV speakers.

Am I right in assuming that we may have a short in the system or can someone else suggest some other cause for the problem.

If it is a short, how do we go about trying to locate it?

steeleaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2005 Adventurer with Q-Surround that we are having problem with.

Tonight we were watching TV though the house speakers when all of a sudden the sound seemed to cut out out on the two kitchen surround sound speakers while the volume through the TV speakers and the front surround sound speakers worked just fine.

When we stood directly in front of the surround speakers we found that the speakers were emitting sound however they were now at a much lower volume that the other surround and TV speakers.

Am I right in assuming that we may have a short in the system or can someone else suggest some other cause for the problem.

If it is a short, how do we go about trying to locate it?

Old 03-03-2007, 04:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Hard to say what the problem might be; you will need to do some troubleshooting. First thing I would do is to download the wiring diagram which has the sound system.

I don't remember if each speaker is a separate output from the Q box or if some are parallel wired. All will be revealed when you look at the wiring diagram. How they are wired will determine your trouble shooting. If the 'bad' speakers are in parallel with some that work, then I would suspect a bad speaker. If the problem speaker(s) is direct wired from the Q box, then I would attach a test speaker at the Q box output.

All of the speaker wiring leads (and R/L input) to the Q box - mine is in the front left basement compartment.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:09 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Steeleaway,
You don't say what model coach you have, but on our Suncruiser we had the same problem - nothing from kitchen speakers but others OK. Tutns out that our Surround Sound amplifier is mounted in the passenger foot space. Two screws hold the panel that has the air vent discharges and behind it we found a connector had become dislodged. For us it was a simple fix. You just need to be a contortionist to get your head where you can see it. Having bifocals doesn't help.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the responses from Frank & Bette as well as John Canfield.

We currently do not have access to the motorhome but we will take your suggestions with us when we get back to in later this month.

By the way, we have a 2005 38R Adventurer

Old 03-07-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

i have the same problem but my dealer said it was normal in tv mode to only get the front speakers. In radio mode all the speakers work....now I'll have to check it out.

keep us posted if you fix it please. thanks
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Will do. Won't have access again to the motorhome until end of March,