Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

PowerLine 2000 not working

Our PowerLine EMS is not working. We have tried it with 30Amps, 50AMPS and our generator and nothing displays. Have tried calling the company but the phone numbers are no good and they appear to be out of business. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Hank
Golf Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

If it is just the display not working, you might check the 3 Amp fuse on the EMS Control Module.

RonnieTucker
RonnieTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

+1 on the fuse. Also check to make sure the data cable hasn't come loose on the display.

As I recall, you carefully pry off the trim bezel around the display, then 4 screws to remove and the unit will pull out of the cutout. Gently. There should be cables attached...
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Nut View Post
Our PowerLine EMS is not working. We have tried it with 30Amps, 50AMPS and our generator and nothing displays. Have tried calling the company but the phone numbers are no good and they appear to be out of business. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Hank
When I was having a problem with my Powerline system I called the Winnebago Customer Service :
800-537-1885
Those guys are EXTREMELY helpful............

Ditto on checking the 3 amp fuse located in the AC control panel area.
Also, as suggested, remove the screws that hold the wood trim on the EMS panel, remove the trim, carefully pull out the EMS panel and check foe secure connections in the back. Also check for problems, look for a burned board, etc.

Also, if you disconnect the House betteries for a few minutes, it is supposed to "reset" the EMS. Worth a try, be sure to disconnect shore power.

Please let us know how you make out.
Thanks,
Paul
winnie32v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

A thought: Are your lights working inside the RV?

Most computer hardware runs on DC, not AC. the EMS is no exception it is a computer, since in an RV there is a whole LOT of 12vdc, why bother putting in a "power supply" to generate DC when you have one.. Thus many devices like Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Water heaters and yes, EMS systems use the 12 volt house power for control operations, No 12 volt, no operation,
Old 08-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I also tried the numbers on the Intellitec site. When someone did answer they said the company was merging with another and moving to a new location. The person also said she "thought" the tech line would be up and running again in about 2 weeks. Just the way she said it didn't give me much confidence. It may be one of the things going by the wayside as a cost cutting measure.

I ended up taking the coach to Winnebago in Forest City. They replaced the entire unit (both the display and the control board) in about an hour. As it turned out only our control board was bad but it's obsolete and had to be replaced with a newer generation board. The original display isn't compatible with the new board so it too had to be replaced.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

Thanks,
Hank
Where did you end up with correcting this problem?
Hopefully, it was a 'little' fix and not anything major.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie32v View Post
Where did you end up with correcting this problem?
Hopefully, it was a 'little' fix and not anything major.
Yes, thanks for asking Paul. The Data Cable on the Display Module did in fact come loose. It had to be resautured (spelling?) and now works perfectly.
Golf Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Yes, thanks for asking Paul. The Data Cable on the Display Module did in fact come loose. It had to be resautured (spelling?) and now works perfectly.
Great!
Thanks for the update.
This is the best kind of 'Fix'.
Enjoy...........

Paul
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
I also tried the numbers on the Intellitec site. When someone did answer they said the company was merging with another and moving to a new location. The person also said she "thought" the tech line would be up and running again in about 2 weeks. Just the way she said it didn't give me much confidence. It may be one of the things going by the wayside as a cost cutting measure.

I ended up taking the coach to Winnebago in Forest City. They replaced the entire unit (both the display and the control board) in about an hour. As it turned out only our control board was bad but it's obsolete and had to be replaced with a newer generation board. The original display isn't compatible with the new board so it too had to be replaced.
What brand and model did they replace it with ? I need to replace mine, just don't know what to replace it with.
RMinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote