Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Need some help on operating our inverter. We never used it, but with the price of fuel going up and up we would like to use the inverter when we are traveling. We were out this week at Cape Cod in Massachusetts we talked to 3 different people on how to use the inverter, they told us to just push the button, but we have no button on out control pannel inside the coach to push. The people we talked to did not have Winnebago they had Holiday Rambler and Fleetwood could not find anyone with Winnebago to talk to. ( Felt like a fish out of water ) I have a heat interface freedom model # 15. It is located under the side box for my shore power line. It has a power switch that is on it also has a 30 amp input fuse reset button and a 20 amp inv/chg fuse for reset. I have no on and off switch on my control panel inside the coach. The interface control panel inside the coach right now is set at

battery state set up ok and it is lit up
charge 13.0 lit up
invert < .10 lit up
power share NOT lit up

I don't want to start pushing buttons on the control panel till I can find out if these setting are right or wrong. Every one that we talked to said that we can run almost everything in the coach for hours without the coach running when stopped. Any help would be great. Thank you Ron

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Need some help on operating our inverter. We never used it, but with the price of fuel going up and up we would like to use the inverter when we are traveling. We were out this week at Cape Cod in Massachusetts we talked to 3 different people on how to use the inverter, they told us to just push the button, but we have no button on out control pannel inside the coach to push. The people we talked to did not have Winnebago they had Holiday Rambler and Fleetwood could not find anyone with Winnebago to talk to. ( Felt like a fish out of water ) I have a heat interface freedom model # 15. It is located under the side box for my shore power line. It has a power switch that is on it also has a 30 amp input fuse reset button and a 20 amp inv/chg fuse for reset. I have no on and off switch on my control panel inside the coach. The interface control panel inside the coach right now is set at

battery state set up ok and it is lit up
charge 13.0 lit up
invert &lt; .10 lit up
power share NOT lit up

I don't want to start pushing buttons on the control panel till I can find out if these setting are right or wrong. Every one that we talked to said that we can run almost everything in the coach for hours without the coach running when stopped. Any help would be great. Thank you Ron

Celebration Florida
Old 07-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We have the same Inverter on our 2003 Journey. Ours has a button on the bottom of the DC panel on the 'One Place' panel that says 'Invert' When we use the Inverter we just push that button. Is your Inverter factory installed. If so, yours should be the same, as our friend has a 2001 Journey and his is the same place as ours.

2003 Honda Element (toad)
Florida Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The only inverter button that I have says invert
&lt;.10 and it is lit up with the &lt;.10. Is this the button you are referring to. Thanks Ron

Celebration Florida
Old 07-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Ron - Apparently you don't have a manual so here's a link to what looks like would be the owner's manual for your inverter.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The panel we have looks just like the panel on the first page of the manual that Tom posted a link to.

2003 Honda Element (toad)
Florida Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We have the manual, we found on the internet but when we try to set it nothing happens. Ron

Celebration Florida
Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Ron - sounds like a problem in the inverter or the control panel. A call to the customer service number in the manual is probably your best bet. Good luck...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Question....how will using the inverter while traveling save fuel? At some point you are going to have to recharge the batteries. And what do you plan to run from the inveter?

Ken
Old 07-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I was told that if I use my inverter that I could watch TV run a fan etc. when I am stopped at a rest area or a Wal-mart parking lot to spend the night. and not run the generator.thanks for all your help I will just run the generator tell I can find out on how to operate the inveter Thanks Ron

Celebration Florida