Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2004, 05:40 AM   #21
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Bud:
BTW Driver, I thought you were a Grunt. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I support my Navy! I participated as a member of the NYC, NLUS and attended many functions and went aboard several different classes of ships. I've been a big fan of the Navy ever since I got out of the Army.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

I leave my motorhome plugged in next to my home all winter. I live in Tucson, AZ so freezing is not a huge issue. I use an electric heater set to about 40 degrees. I prefer a baseboard heater with no fan (less to go wrong) and use the 500 watt setting. That is enough to prevent freezing but still works on a 15 amp extension cord. I use a 12 gauge extension cord.

I drain and flush all tanks but I don't blow out the lines or use anti-freeze. I do open cabinets to let warm air to the plumbing.

I agree that you may need to check batteries frequently. New batteries don't seem to boil as much water. A good converter may help. Also consider hitting the battery disconnect except for maybe 1 day per month.

Pack Rats are a major problen here. I will write about how to deal with this sometime.

Run the generator once a month. Start the MH and run through the gears and run the AC for a short time. Keep the tires covered and park on plywood.

Toad Honda CRV
dinotoad is offline   Reply With Quote