Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hi I have a 2004 33V Winnebago Adventurer and I have looked through my Winnie manual as well as the motorhome for the light switch that activates the driver side dock light over the water and sewer hookup storage box.
Can anyone help me locate the switch?
Thanks in advance for any and all information.

2004 Adventurer 33' W20 03Chassis, 4 Koni's, Ultrapower/Taylor Wires
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi I have a 2004 33V Winnebago Adventurer and I have looked through my Winnie manual as well as the motorhome for the light switch that activates the driver side dock light over the water and sewer hookup storage box.
Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

BobD, the light on my Sunstar has a toggle switch on the side. Seems kind of obvious but the way you have to bend over to get in the compartment and the color of the switch didn't make it obvious

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Bob, I think mine is in the water compartment, along with some other switches. Good Luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobD:
Thanks in advance for any and all information. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob,

Don't know about a dock light on your Adventurer but the switch for those lights that help when parking at night are usually on the dash. The switch for the drivers side pato/service light is usually in the water/sewer compartment bay next to the water pump switch. Which according to your brochure is in the upper left corner of the compartment.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/20...4-Adventurer-bro.pdf (see page 6)

Your parts manual shows it on page 115 as item group 7.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...04/4wfg33v.pdf
Old 01-18-2008, 02:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

On our 2004 Adventurer the switch for that light is in the water/sewer compartment. There are 2 switches there, one for the pump and the other one turns on the light on the side of the coach.

2004 Adventurer 38R
PaulC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

There may be some confusion on docking lights.

Some have a "utility" light on the drivers side of their coach. Some have "docking" lights on BOTH sides of their coach. Some may have both.

The utility light switch is in the utility compartment and meant for lighting when hooking up or unhooking utilities.

The docking lights switch is on the dash and is meant for back into a site in the dark. Thus this switch is always on the dash.

My 1994 Vectra, a high end coach, had dual docking lights.

My 2005 Suncruiser, the current high end gas coach does not have docking lights but has a utility light. Docking lights were not even an option in 2005. If they were I would have ordered them because I liked them for security, since the switch was inside the coach.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the driver side dock light over the water and sewer hookup storage box </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll presume you are talking about what Tom N called "the utility light" high on the sidewall, and probably looking just like the "porch" light on the entry door side. Mine is turned on by the switch inside the water compartment that also turns on the fluorescent light inside the compartment (assuming the individual switch on the fluorescent light is also turned on).
Old 01-19-2008, 05:05 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

On our '06 Adventurer the utility light switch is in the Water/Sewer compartment. Good luck.
Skipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:54 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I have a 33V and it is in the Water/Sewer compartment.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

It is the same switch that turns on the lite for the plumbing compartment. Mine didn't work either. I changed the bulb and it works fine
Old 01-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Most Winnebagos also have a compartment light switch by the steps that also has to be on first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate the time people take to help one another on this site.
It turns out that I had a bad light bulb in the light fixture.
Also I now know it is not a dock light but a porch light on the drivers side.
Again thanks for all your help.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

The location for the switch in the water compartment that lights the overhead "porch" light on the driver's side is the most ridiculous idea I have seen yet from Winnebago. My last MH from Fleetwood had switches for both outside porch lights right at the entry door, which is a very good safety factor if you need outside lighting during the night. This arrangement proved very helpful to me when someone was prowling around outside one night around 2:00 A.M., I don't usually leave them on all night so as to not infringe on other campers.
I also had to ask where the switch was that turned on that overhead porch light on the left side.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I certainly agree there should be an outside utility light switch some where near the front door. I know I have had the occasion to go out and check something in the utility bay at night and tripped over wires or hoses before I could get the bay door open to turn on the outside light. How ridiculous to save a few pennies. It ranks along side no water pump switch in the bathroom.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:29 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

If the driver's outside side utility light is on the same circuit as the basement lights, the utility light can be switched ON and then the master basement switch, near the entry steps, can be turned OFF. Then when turning the master basement switch ON the driver's side utility light would come ON. Of course with the master switch OFF you'd have no basement compartment lights.

I'll try it today.

-Tom
Old 01-22-2008, 04:55 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

My outside utility light over the utility bay will only turn on from the switch in the bay. I have taken all the bulbs out of the bay lights, because they kept getting turned on accidentally. I never use them anyway, always use a flashlight at night. I do think a door way switch for the outside utility light would be a real plus.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
If the driver's outside side utility light is on the same circuit as the basement lights, the utility light can be switched ON and then the master basement switch, near the entry steps, can be turned OFF. Then when turning the master basement switch ON the driver's side utility light would come ON. Of course with the master switch OFF you'd have no basement compartment lights.

I'll try it today.

-Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried turning the master switch OFF. This does not affect the outside light. So.......the outside light is not on the same circuit as the basement lights, at least in my 2005 Suncruiser.

-Tom