Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 06:54 AM   #1
Big T

Send a message via AIM to tombracken Send a message via Skype™ to tombracken
Exclamation Nothing but head, brake, and turn signal lights

Everything else on the outside is dead. (inside ok) Not sure where to start troubleshooting. Headed out in two days - could use some advice. 2008 Winnebago View 24H, 3L Diesel, 52k miles.
tombracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome

I'm kind of confused by your title. Are you saying that your brake lights, headlights, and turn signals work? If that is the case, what is the problem?

If those items do not work: What is the state of charge of your chassis battery? Can you start the engine? Is the chassis ground cable disconnected?
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
Big T

Smile Problem Solved (i hope)

Sorry about the confusing title - I remain in a state of confusion much of the time ;-). After a few hours of prodding and poking with my neighbor and his test light, I think we found the issue. Under the passenger seat there is a bank of seven relays. The second one is from the outside was warm. I pulled it and found that there had been some arcing on the vertical contact - creating some blackness. I sanded off the the black and re-seated the relay and now the running/marker lights come on. Will keep a close eye on them during the upcoming camping trip and report back any issues.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombracken View Post
Everything else on the outside is dead. (inside ok) Not sure where to start troubleshooting. Headed out in two days - could use some advice. 2008 Winnebago View 24H, 3L Diesel, 52k miles.
Here is your wiring diagram: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_160995.pdf
I hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:32 AM   #5
Big T

SOLVED

Thanks for the schematic, Jeri. I poked around in the large NEST of wires under the passenger seat and noticed that the second from the outside relay (in the line of SEVEN) was warm. Removed it and saw the top vertical contact was slightly charred. Cleaned the black off and reinserted. All is well. All lights working. Purchased a new relay for backup and off on a trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180917_122209.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	170305  
Old 09-24-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombracken View Post
Thanks for the schematic, Jeri. I poked around in the large NEST of wires under the passenger seat and noticed that the second from the outside relay (in the line of SEVEN) was warm. Removed it and saw the top vertical contact was slightly charred. Cleaned the black off and reinserted. All is well. All lights working. Purchased a new relay for backup and off on a trip.
Happy trails, Tom. And many of them.
Rick

Tags
brake, light, lights