Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 09:31 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

If you haven't done it already, I think the next step would be cycle all the circuit breakers. Hopefully, that will be the final step...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Glitch - did you need to remove the inverter in order to access the GFCI?
jerztime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

When hooked to shore power should the inverter be on or off?
Old 05-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

You can find the electrical wiring diagram for your coach on the Winnebago website. That may help. Also, we have had terrific luck calling Winnebago directly for help. Good luck.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

As far as whether the inverter should be off or on when plugged in, I can only tell you how mine works. I think yours should behave the same.

When shore or generator power is available, the inverter passes that power through to the outlets that it services whether it's on or off. If the shore or gen power fails, and the inverter is on, it immediately begins providing AC to it's outlets. It happens so fast you won't even see a blink on the TV. If the inverter is off then, of course, you will have no AC at any outlets.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

jerztime, you have the same inverter as I do. It does not make any difference if the inverter is on or off at the control panel it will pass 110vac when connected to shore power. Note: there is a GFI recept on the front of the inverter if it is tripped it will not pass power.
Which recepts are not powered? The inverter mostly only feeds the entertainment recepts.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #27
Winnebago Master

jerztime, after re-reading your post I do not believe there is anything wrong with your inverter. I went again and checked the GFI on the inverter and if it is tripped it will not pass inverter power either which yours does.
Need to check the Recps 2 breaker for bad breaker or loose wire. There is also a connection point in wardrobe 1 in that circuit.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:02 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

If I may jump in here for a moment. In most Class A's that I know of, the main circuit breaker panel is split in 2 sections. The first section is wired through the transfer switch and connects to shore power. These outlets, the A/C and other high powered appliances will only run if the generator is on, or on shore power. It also has the 120v breaker that feeds the inverter/charger.

Then you have the "inverter side" of the panel. It gets its power from the inverter and is wired to various outlets and appliances. In my coach this includes the refrigerator, the entertainment center and the microwave. The inverter will pass 120v to those outlets when it senses power coming from the shore side of the panel. When it does not, it will supply inverted power to those outlets. It is possible that the "feed" breaker to the inverter is tripped, and so the inverter cannot get shore power. Hope this explanation helps.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:15 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

OP has a 1000w inverter that is in series with the power feed to a group of receipts. There is an issue with the up stream side of the inverter 110 vac feed.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:09 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
OP has a 1000w inverter that is in series with the power feed to a group of receipts. There is an issue with the up stream side of the inverter 110 vac feed.
Yeah, that's what I said. I was trying to help him by briefly explaining the entire system so he could understand why some outlets work and why others do not.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:21 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

My electrician spoke to a tech at Good Sam roadside emergency assistance who walked him thru how it should work. I also pulled up the wiring diagram, thanks to earlier suggestions. Looks like the inverter had a wiring issue which the electrician corrected and now everything works. My sincere thanks to all who posted here !!!

Tags
power, shore power