Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No Power

I have a 2015 Ellipse 42QD that has not been used in a couple of months. The house batteries are nearly dead. 3.2 v. I brought it home from the storage lot to charge the batteries. When I plugged it into my 50amp I have power at the plug but not at the in the coach. The power management display in the bay is dead. No power inside. I checked the fuses in the front compartment and all looks fine. I don't see a reset or fuse in the electrical compartment. What are my next steps in figuring this out? Also should't the solar panel have kept the house batteries charged? I turn the switches off at the door when I park it.
Would the AGM batteries be bad and need replacing? Only 4 yrs old.
Thanks for the help.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like you turned off the power at the door panel, the famous "salesman switch." I believe that also turns off the battery charging function of your inverter/converter. Try turning it on.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

So what is the purpose of the salesman switch? I thought that by turning it off it kept the batteries from draining. However since it was off the batteries did drain. I'm confused about what to do to keep them from draining.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Switch off "no major 12VDC power", STILL HAVE MINOR electrical drain for solenoids, circuit boards. Several mnths "dead battery".
Retired FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2014 42QD and still using the original batteries. Even with the switches off the solar panel should keep the batteries charged. I’ve never let my coach go three months without checking the battery status, you should be running both the engine and generator at least every 30 days and driving the coach if possible. I suggest having the batteries tested or just skip that step and replace them. Keep them charged and they will probably last 6yrs. I’m hoping to get 1 more year out of mine.
mwgettler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power