Old 09-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I completed my installation yesterday. The biggest issue was finding where Winnebago hid the brake controller wiring harness. After searching for a couple hours with no luck I noticed the breaker in the breaker panel by the drivers left foot labelled "brake controller". I figured I could trace wires from the breaker to the harness so I removed the fiberglass cover from around the breaker panel. There was the harness stuffed to the far left where you would never find it unless you removed that cover! Thanks Winnebago!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typerr View Post
I'm currently doing the same install on my 07 Adventurer and plan to do exactly what LeeB suggests. The other advantage besides not having to run 35' of wire is I can integrate the toad brake signal into my 7 pin to 6 pin cable that connects the coach to my toad.

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
typerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Run 2 while you're getting dirty, wish I had.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:58 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Brake indicator lights

I also have the Ready brake system. The ready brake has a switch built it which closes when the surge is activated.

I installed 2 LED indicator lights in dash of MH. Blue comes on when ready brake is activated and red comes on when toad brake pedal activates toad brakes. (there is slack in the cable so ready brake will move slightly w/o moving toad brake pedal) This just makes me feel more secure. I get a visual on what is happening with toad brakes.

Wires were routed underneath MH using bundles, lines, frame holes, etc. with an extra wire if needed.