Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

My surround sound is quirky

If I have the TV on, and the selector radio/tv switch to tv, then turn on my ignition to the acc. position, only the front speakers come on,
the drop down speakers aft. are silent.
What do you think???
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtime View Post
If I have the TV on, and the selector radio/tv switch to tv, then turn on my ignition to the acc. position, only the front speakers come on,
What do you think???
IF the non-working speakers are the 12 volt powered type, perhaps the power take-off point for them is not functional in the acc position - and needs to be moved to a power point that is?
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
IF the non-working speakers are the 12 volt powered type, perhaps the power take-off point for them is not functional in the acc position - and needs to be moved to a power point that is?
Gary, I haven't seen 'powered' speakres since I replaced a 70.7V xfrmr in 1958. Are these new dolby/surround sound systems somehow run off of 12VDC? I know my front and rear hangdowns are not supplied w/ 12VDC.

What am I missing?

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

They somehow must be 12V. The owners manual says to turn the selector switch to radio/tv. Turn the ign. to acces. position.
When I do the front side speaker come to life but the drop down cube type speakers are silent.
I must be doing something wrong. I havnt used them in quite awhile and I remember them really filling the coach with sound.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtime View Post
What do you think???
on my rig, the selector switch must be in radio (not tv) position and the radio must be on either with the dash radio power switch selected to house or the ign switch in acc for the "surround sound" speakers to work. the radio amp is used for all the "surround sound" regardless of source.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
on my rig, the selector switch must be in radio (not tv) position and the radio must be on either with the dash radio power switch selected to house or the ign switch in acc for the "surround sound" speakers to work. the radio amp is used for all the "surround sound" regardless of source.
OK
Thats where I am going wrong then. Man I,m just getting old I guess. If I dont use something for awhile I have to be retrained.

I appreciate all the help
Old 11-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
Correct. The speakers are not powered by 12V per se, the amplifier which is switched is what needs the 12VDC.

On my Suncruiser, the radio can be powered by the house or engine battery. The Amplifier can be switched between the radio and TV sound. My speakers are fed by which ever is chosen.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote