Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
I'm pretty sure I saw a post in this forum sometime in the last 12 months about adding a device to Winnnie/FTL DP dash wiring to make the turn signals audible. But I'll all the searches I've tried don't find it. Can someone point me to the thread?

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I'm pretty sure I saw a post in this forum sometime in the last 12 months about adding a device to Winnnie/FTL DP dash wiring to make the turn signals audible. But I'll all the searches I've tried don't find it. Can someone point me to the thread?

Old 07-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

vicsryd;
I did not see the post but about 3 years ago I ordered a unit with a volume control and installed it on my 97 Adventure. I was so happy with it that I transfered it to my present Chieftain. I will give you the name, address, & tel # below of the supplier.

MNM Products, Inc
3700 Osuna NE, Suite 601
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Tel # 505-344-4922

I hope this helps.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Saw a similar thread on another list a couple of years ago. I "fixed" my DP indicator and later a couple of gas rigs for friends. The hardest part, especially for the gas rigs, was to find the turn signal flasher. Here's basically what I did.

Radio Shack has several kinds of 12-volt electronic noisemakers (piezo buzzer ...but actually they "beep"). They come in different decible levels. I bought the smallest for mine (apx $3), the next size up for the two gas coaches. I attached wires to the two buzzer terminals, pulled the turn signal flasher out, and then plugged it back in with the other ends of the wires from the buzzer forced behind the plug-in posts. For mine, the flasher was located in the basement power compartment under the driver seat so I used long enough wires to get the buzzer up behind the dash where I could better hear it. It it doesn't work when you test it, just swap the connections on one end or the other.

I understand this solution will also work with 3-prong flashers, but you will need to use a voltmeter to determine which two of the three pins to connect to the buzzer.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I correctedl the problem 1 1/2 yrs ago on my 2005 Vectra...the fix can be found on the Freightliner chassis site at http://www.freightlinerchassisowners...ch_tidbits.htm scroll down to silent turn signals
Ken

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have the mod also posted on our RV web page. It it really pretty simple - buy two mini piezo buzzers at Rat Shack (buy ones with the least current draw as possible) and find the left and right turn signal lamp leads that come out of the display center (the double row of idiot lights) and tap one buzzer on each lead (and of course to ground.)

To me, this is simpler than Rudy Morris's fix of using one buzzer with a couple of diodes. (His solution is more elegant than mine though.)

With the four-way flashers going we have a nice two-part harmony

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:01 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
I have the mod also posted on our RV web page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks John. I had looked originally at the list of mods on your web site thinking that is where I saw it but didn't notice it at the bottom and separate from the rest.