Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Looking for a Light Bulb...

Needing to find a bulb for the Isle Light in my Winnie Brave. It is the Courtesy Light type of bulb and only has the markings of 14v, 4w on the metal ends. The one I removed that was bad was thrown away by accident while cleaning the MH.

I called Winnie and they gave me a Winnie part number on 10835401700 and a model number of 395B but no make of the original bulb.

Anybody have a cross reference, etc that can lead me to which new bulb I need for this light fixture?

Not sure if the one I removed is the original bulb or not so the 14v, 4w might not be the correct original one anyway. If my MH wasn 't in the shop waiting for brake repairs (for the 3rd failure of my infamous Workhorse brakes - see my recent thread "Third Time's the Charm" for more info if interested) I could measure the holder and possible find one that would fit.

Thanks,

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on W20 w/8.1L and Allison
Capt Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

This may be a good place to look.
Light Bulbs from Topbulb
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I was going to post a link for you but I see Richard beat me to it.

They will have the bulb.. I will say this.. Don't be too partricular

you can also, pull another isle light from the rig, look at it, and visit your local auto parts store and get one that will likely work well

The base MUST be identical,,, wattage should be close, and any bulb labeled for 12 volt use will be fine Provided it fits.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Good Luck, I checked all the auto bulb stores I could find and could not match the courtesy light bulb you are talking about. I finally got one through my Winnebago dealer. You could try Lichtchinn on line or by phone. It's called a
festoon bulb I think
Old 10-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Follow up::: I believe the bulb you're looking for is on page 59 of the Winnebago Parts and Accessory Catalog (you can view it on line on the Winnebago site) If you or anyone else finds another source for this bulb besides Winnebago I'd really be interested. I exhausted my search capabilities when I needed one. Winny was the only source I could find.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I think this is what you are looking for.

Light Bulbs from Topbulb
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

These are also used in dome lights of cars and trucks

Festoon Bulbs
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Hi Joe,

My research shows that you only have one aisle light and it is square, made by ITC Marine, has only one switch to turn it on and off, and uses Winne bulb part number 108354-01-CHT.

The bulb is called a festoon bulb and is 14 Volt, 4 Watt. It looks a lot like a standard ¼” X 1 ¼” fuse. A suitable replacement should be a GE # DE3021 or a little brighter would be a GE # DE3022. The number listed in the Winne catalog is 395-B but I can’t cross it to anything. I did not try to cross the GE #s but you could try that. I believe Camping World sells the GE replacements.

And buy the way, it takes a T2 1/4 bulb, not a T 3 1/4.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

I got my spares from my local Winnebago dealer (or I'm sure you could get it from Licthsinn's). Outside of that this seems like it would work: 6439 - 6.5mm Diameter Festoon Lamps .

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Joe View Post
Needing to find a bulb for the Isle Light in my Winnie Brave. It is the Courtesy Light type of bulb and only has the markings of 14v, 4w on the metal ends. The one I removed that was bad was thrown away by accident while cleaning the MH.

I called Winnie and they gave me a Winnie part number on 10835401700 and a model number of 395B but no make of the original bulb.

Anybody have a cross reference, etc that can lead me to which new bulb I need for this light fixture?

Not sure if the one I removed is the original bulb or not so the 14v, 4w might not be the correct original one anyway. If my MH wasn 't in the shop waiting for brake repairs (for the 3rd failure of my infamous Workhorse brakes - see my recent thread "Third Time's the Charm" for more info if interested) I could measure the holder and possible find one that would fit.

Thanks,
are talking about the very small lamp that looks like a "buss fuse" a little over a inch long? the pn 395b seems to ring true.
if so, i ordered some from winne.com for over $4 each and got some from vancouver rv for $3.50 each. they don't last long.
i found that ge makes a lamp de3022 that is just a little shorter but fits fine and lasts a LOT longer and is a little brighter. i get them from my local freddy meyers store auto department for <$3 for a package of 2.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay in replying but I sure do appreciate the responses....especially the ones for 3rd party replacement bulbs. The bulb is one of those that look like a buss fuse.

Our MH is in the shop for brake repairs, third time, and we are over in Pensacola to help out with an office move by our son and family so we went to the local Winnie dealer, Carpenter Campers, who had the bulb in stock....for $4 . Bought one and all should be well when we get our MH back, hopefully in time for our NEXT trip (we were planning on bringing it over for this one but those brakes.....). Anyway, I think I will look around a bit to see if I can find one as listed above to have as a spare.

Oh yes, the Winnie number as posted above was exactly what they had at Carpenters.

Thanks again for the help.

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on W20 w/8.1L and Allison
Capt Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

i am looking for an led replacement bulb for my kinda focused 12v 20w reading light bulb #1383, single contact bayonet base ($4.50 ea.) they don't last very long.
i have found several on the internet that have 8 and up led's. i cannot tell which one would work best for reading.
i am looking for the best price also.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
Old 10-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

This one is a good choice. 1156-W3X1W

http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/115x-x3X1W.htm

I have several of the 1156-WLX5 at $29.95 ea. but they are no longer available.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTransistor View Post
This one is a good choice. 1156-W3X1W

http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/115x-x3X1W.htm

I have several of the 1156-WLX5 at $29.95 ea. but they are no longer available.
i got a 19 led 1156w lamp from a local discount auto parts store for $10. it has a kinda bluish light and is not as focused as the 1383 reading lamp it replaces. it works ok for my computer desk, but not for the couch or bedroom reading lights. it will last a long time, though. check the manufacturers website:
The Hoffman Group - Keep It Clean Wiring
Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Or next time you pull into a truck stop head for the spare light bulb counter... Take the old bulb with you.. look for the same size and shape... Odds are it will be the proper replacement.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I replaced two of the reading lights with LEDs. The biggest drawback is that the light pattern is more focused and narrow. At the price of the LEDs I may not purchase any more.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:49 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Flier View Post
I replaced two of the reading lights with LEDs. The biggest drawback is that the light pattern is more focused and narrow. At the price of the LEDs I may not purchase any more.
which one did you buy?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

Festoon bulb

After much frustration searching for festoon aisle courtesy light bulb, I found one at oriellys auto store. It's called Eiko DE3423--the glass part is a little fatter, but ends are same. These are 12 volt 5 watt. Pretty close to 14 volt 4 watt original bulb. Hope this helps.
Dwel1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Courtesy lights.

Mine will last forever!
They are never on.
Have not found a use for them. Yet
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Found replacement festoon bulb at oriellys auto store. It's Eiko DE 3423--glass is fatter, but ends are correct. 12 volt 5 watts. It works well for aisle courtesy lights.
Dwel1947 is offline   Reply With Quote