Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

on a 2000 horizon where is the turn signal flasher located
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

on a 2000 horizon where is the turn signal flasher located
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Generally we've found on the newer diesel coaches the flasher and related fuses are in the rear of the coach behind a panel. On my coach they are behind a piece of sheet metal in the shoreline electrical bay. On newer Vectra/Horizon's they are behind the basement air panel on the passengers side (screws and hinges).

The discussion Tow Plug Problem might have some more clues for you.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi all,
I'm trying to find my turn signal flasher also.
I have difficulty in hearing it, but don't think it is in any of the outside compartments. Else I wouldn't hear it at all.
Larry

'03 Journey DL
Saturn toad
Larry in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The flashers are computer controlled that is why they do not make any noise. On the Freightliner Chassis owners group they had a article on how to create a unit that could be hooked up and would make noise when you had the turn signals on. Her is the site.
http://www.freightlinerchassisowners...t_blinkers.htm

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
garybtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">on a 2000 horizon where is the turn signal flasher located </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tuna and all. I dont have a DP, but it might be a help for you to know that the flasher might not look like what you are expecting. On my 04 Adv. it is a cylindrical unit, a little more than an inch tall, and also about that in diameter. It is clear on top, allowing you to see the relay and some other componants. If you are looking for the "old" aluminum "can" you might be overlooking it...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by garybtt:
The flashers are computer controlled that is why they do not make any noise. On the Freightliner Chassis owners group they had a article on how to create a unit that could be hooked up and would make noise when you had the turn signals on. Her is the site.
http://www.freightlinerchassisowners...t_blinkers.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Gary - that's true for later model Freightliner chassis - maybe 2004+? Don't know about Ford or Workhorse.

The solution for the later model Freightliner chassis is to simply add a very low power piezo buzzer to the turn signal lamp leads at the back of the Freightliner info center. I used one buzzer for right and one for left.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Larry,

John and Gary are right if you are trying to "hear" your turn signals in the cab.

If you are trying to look for the actual physical relay and associated fuses I found turning on the 4-way emergency flashers makes it louder. On a diesel it will be behind the rear axle somehwere. Try opening up the cargo/shoreline bays on both side when you are testing. Mine was located behind some sheetmetal in the shoreline electrical bay.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hi all,
Was also looking for the turn signal flasher on my '03 Journey, freightliner chassis. Found it today behind a second floor panel, that is under the steering wheel. It is slanted at about 30 degrees with end caps and forms a hollow space under it. There I found a flasher for the turn signals, and another for the 4 way.
Larry in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I followed John Canfield's very easy to install buzzer(s) instructions for the turn signals. Infact, it was so quick, cheap and easy I installed a pair for a friend in about 15 minutes.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote