Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Location of switch for drivers map light

Hi,
We have a 2003 Itaca Suncruiser 38G, on the co-pilot side of the cab there is a switch for that sides map light. The switch only lights the map light on that side.
Try as I might I can't find a switch for the drivers map light. I've checked the bulb in the co-pilot light socket and it's good.
Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
Magumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Your map light is on the switch on your dash that adjust's the brightness of your dashboard. Turn it all the way to it's brightest point and go a little farther and your map light should come on.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Just like the dome light in a car, how dumb of me not to try that. Thanks for your help, I'll try it out when I get home tonight.
Magumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

And just like a domelite in a car it should go on when you open the door.

That is the only way mine goes on right now, the switch has brkoen for a second time. They replaced it once under warranty. I haven't gotten around to fixing it myself this time.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
And just like a domelite in a car it should go on when you open the door.
I had to replace my door courtesy light switch as it failed. Now it works just fine.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magumba View Post
Just like the dome light in a car, how dumb of me not to try that. Thanks for your help, I'll try it out when I get home tonight.
Yeah well I can relate - I sound brilliant in my reply to you - the sad part was it took me a long time to figure that one out myself - duhhhh
Old 10-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to tennsmith
That precipitates a question from me...I have a 2000 Itasca Horizon and the driver's overhead light does work as Tom says (took me forever to figure it out!) but this light does NOT come on when the passenger door is opened, as Tim says, nor do any other interior lights.

Do I have a switch set to a wrong position? Do I have a broken switch somewhere? Is this feature available on Horizons?
tennsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

tennsmith,

I have a 2008 Tour and the driver's map light comes on with the dome switch as described by others. No light comes on when the door is opened.

However, when you unlock the door with the remote, the passenger's map light, along with the outside porch light, come on for a period of time. This gives you time to enter the coach and turn on one of the ceiling lights.

Just make sure you turn one of them on. Once I unlocked the coach and entered it without turning on any lights. All was good until the map light turned off and I was standing in the middle of a pitch black coach. I had to feel my way over to one of the light switches.
wlf00 is offline   Reply With Quote