Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Location of fuse or breaker

The electrical heater on our water heater will not come on as well our electrical fireplace will not come on. I have checked the breakers (which are not ID'd) in the MH and find no problem there. Is there another location of breakers that I have not found? We have a 2007 Suncruiser 38T. Help
maanpa.yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Check your GFCI receptacles and reset. probably one in kitchen and one in bathroom, possibly one in outside entertainment compartment.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Have checked and tested both GFCI inside and they are working fine. Our entertainment basement has regular outlet, not GFCI.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Any outside outlet is likely a GFCI even if it's a regular outlet.. They are wired like this

Main breaker box====GFCI===Outelt==Outlet==Outlet

My suggestion.. In your main breaker box there should be a breaker labeled for the water heater.. IT SHOULD BE LABELED.

If it is not tripped (Feel it to be sure, don't just touch, sometimes the lever does not move to the "Tripped" position) then with shore power unplugged and the generator off open the box

Check the connections.. Over time the wires tend to "Flatten" a bit and then they work loose in the connections and do not make good contact.. This can cause the wires to show signs of excess heat. It can also cause a fire.. If you are lucky it causes NON-OPERATION (And it appears it has) first..

Some of the wire screws in my rig took over a full turn to tighten.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

maanpa, sounds like maybe you lost one side of 240v. Check pedestal power?

Mike
Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Check the breakers on your generator also, a lot of people miss those when looking for electrical problems, they are in line for your ac power whether you are using the generator or not.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

This happened to me on the elec. water heater.After changing the element, checking the thermostat and hi temp switch, which did not solve the problem, i found a receptacle in the compartment next to the water heater. A lawn chair in that comp
had partially unplugged the water heater cord. Pushed the plug in tight, problem solved.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Called Winnebago and they helped me out. The water heater works. The light in the switch was burnt out. Fireplace problem was the breaker in the MH. I though I switched them all off and on, but I must of missed that one. I will be IDing all my breakers today. Thank all of you for the help. The person at Winnebago was very helpful and friendly. Happy RVing.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

mannpa.yates – Reference the water heater indicator light replacement. Did you just pry out the switch to get at it or did you have to remove the wood panel it is mounted on to get at the back of it? Please pass along the bulb number if you have it. My indicator light has been out for a while now and being a lazy guy I just haven’t got around to investigating its replacement. Thanks for the help,
Old 11-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

PAUL T
Looks like I will need to buy complete switch. Does not look like I can just replace the bulb. Tried to find one on the internet to no luck as of yet. We are in Casa Grande till April and their is only on RV part dealer that I know of in town.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Here's an earlier post of mine describing how to replace the lighted electric water heater switch in my Vectra. I would guess that your coach uses the same type switch. 110 volt water heater switch

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote