Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Lights Flicker When Water Pump Runs

So I'm sitting here in our 2016 Itasca Meridan 38P while my wife is showering and I'm being treated to a light show. The LED lights throughout the main living area flash randomly when the water pump starts up and less so when it shuts down. Big time. Being low voltage devices I am assuming that a current from the motor is inducing current in the associated power lines for the lights.

We had seen this to a much smaller degree in the bedroom when running the ceiling fan.

Both devices, I assume, are drawing relatively high currents, hence my induction deduction (see what I did there?).

Is this something to worry about?

Jp
wanna-travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

This is a known issue with WBGO - fixes have included replacement pumps, electrical system diodes and better grounding. Recommend you search the IRV2 posts - there are a number of dialogues about the issue.

Should also call WBGO and see if they can recommend a DIY fix. Not sure all the dealers are conversant on this topic so taking is in for service could get expensive very quickly.

Let us know what you learn / do ... we all benefit ... thanks

Tags
light, lights, water, water pump