Old 10-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntDriver View Post
Steve, what were the "Lumens" of the replacement LED bulbs in your bedroom? Revolution Double Contact Bayonet RV LED Bulbs has two different lumen bulbs, a 205 and a 255.
Well, I just went to the rig and dug out the bag. The biggest problem was operator headspace (me.) What I bought to replace the 1076's were not the right kind for a sconce and they were only 50 lumens. I went to the website I used and see that there was a more appropriate bulb there. My bad.

The ones I bought to replace the spot 1383's were also only 50 lumens. That might explain why they were useless to read by!

Time to do some research. Thanks all.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntDriver View Post
The OP's site for LED bulbs is fine, but alot of us RVers have been buying LED bulbs from RVLEDBulbs.com - RV LED Bulbs, RV LED Lights and Light Accessories which produces LED bulbs that are produced specifically for the RVer in mind, and they are much less expensive than the OP's site for led bulbs.
MntDriver,
It's always nice to find alternate suppliers of LEDs. I checked out that site you relayed and, while it is sponsored by an RV system, I'm not too sure they're "designed" for any particular RV use. Not being argumentative here just saying that to me, they, (all their bulbs) they simply look like almost the same exact ones on other sites, including the one that I've used many times.

And I tried to compare bulb for bulb in a few applications and for what I was looking at, they were not any cheaper at all. Again, not trying to downplay your link, I just couldn't find any real values on their site. They don't say how many LEDs are mounted on some of their tower bulbs so, I can't really get down to apples for apples sort of thing on a couple I was looking at. I'll try again later to find an equal for what I usually buy on my site. Thanks for the link.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

A friend just bought a few of these to experiment with. Ebay LED lights For 5 bucks a pop, and free shipping he figured it was worth it to try a few. I got a chance to see them and they seem pretty good and ship with three different connector types.

I'm not sold on replacing my lights with LED's but I did order two of these as "spares" to test the technology. Prices will continue to drop as more of these flood the market from overseas, mostly China.
swreeder70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swreeder70 View Post
A friend just bought a few of these to experiment with. Ebay LED lights For 5 bucks a pop, and free shipping he figured it was worth it to try a few. I got a chance to see them and they seem pretty good and ship with three different connector types.

I'm not sold on replacing my lights with LED's but I did order two of these as "spares" to test the technology. Prices will continue to drop as more of these flood the market from overseas, mostly China.
swreeder70,
I certainly don't blame you for being cautious in a change-over to LEDs. Without actually seeing a result, in your own coach and your own back ground colors/upholstery/floors etc. to reflect the lighting displayed by the LED for a given area, it's hard to commit upwards of $20.00 or more, for ONE bulb as an experiment.

I started my LED experiments on motorcycles quite some time ago. First it was tiny 3mm LED bulbs that I had to solder resistors onto the negative lead and place them in tiny spaces to get them to work. It grew from there. So, when it came time to change to them in the motor home, I'd already had great results from previous try-outs. While LEDs are forever improving, they certainly are not in the position to be an EXACT replacement bulb just yet for just about any application.

As stated in one of my previous threads, LEDs are, that is QUALITY ONES, very bright to look at but, DO NOT broadcast light all that much. That's why one must really study the intended application area, type, color temp and lumens of a possible LED replacement bulb. Not many folks here on the RV forums are willing to pop over $20.00 for ONE BULB. I for one, certainly don't blame them. I happened to be making a little extra money from side jobs when I purchased most of mine so, it was not such a hard hit for us. The more I did my side job, the more bulbs I could buy, SHE SAID IT WAS OK!

Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #19
KIX
Winnebago Master

I just ordered some LED's for the house from LED Wholesalers (Google them). They had a tab for LED Automotive Lighting that may have some good prices.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

We just bought and installed some under cabinet lights that we got at Lowes. They are similar in shape and size to the ones we've all used for years that had fluorescents in them. The LED ones are very thin and can be linked together. The light quality is very "white"; not blue at all. We have 10" and 18" fixtures with a total energy consumption of ~13 watts. They replaced 30 watts of built-in incandescent lights and are much brighter. They weren't cheap (~$100 total) but the they are impressive.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Belgique take a look at this site for 1383 replacements

LEDs 4, Recreational Vehicles
Then click on "reading light"

We have been suitably impressed with the light output for reading from the 1156 replacement for the 1383. Also, note the price which, in my experience, is less than many other sites. This company also charges exact shipping cost not a fixed rate. Shipping cost for my first buy (one bulb) was $1.71.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Will the LEDs work with dimmers? All the non-florescent lights in my GS Tourmaster are on dimmers?
bmrzmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

A typical RV incandescent bulb will draw way over an amp. An LED one will draw .1 amps. I replaced most of the non-essential incandescent bulbs with cheap Chinese ones. I always dry camp and my batteries last much longer.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote