Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

LED's

2013 Meridian34B
I replaced all of our halogen cabin lights with LED's. Brighter and drawing far less current. This was after 5 of the halogen lights burned out- even though the DC voltage was rock solid at 13.4 volts.

I got the LED's from www.filament free.com

When we had a Montana 5th wheel I swapped out most of the oem lights with LED's from the above source.

I was very pleased with their cost and performance. I had started out with a different source, but have now switched over to Filament free.

I have no connection with Filament Free, but I've been intrigued with LED's for about 10 years and feel this source is a best buy.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Several good threads on the subject here. Lots of input and ways to get the job done.

I'm surprised in your vintage they didn't already use leds.

Mine all came direct from china thru ebay. You have to wade through what works and what doesn't, but they're a fraction of the cost of domestic retailers.

I retrofitted all the fixtures with replacemtn bulbs and emitter strips. I got nice warm white lighting that looks just like the incandescent that was in there, and now uses between 1/5th and 1/10th of the power. What a deal.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

LED's

In my earlier post either spellcheck or my fat fingers typed the website wrong, the correct web address is Home - Filament Free LEDs.

I was also surprised that WBGO wasn't using LED's in a 2013 Meridian34B.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTraveler View Post
In my earlier post either spellcheck or my fat fingers typed the website wrong, the correct web address is Home - Filament Free LEDs.

I was also surprised that WBGO wasn't using LED's in a 2013 Meridian34B.
I believe that they switched in 2014. Not too time consuming to switch them out, however.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

For mine, I had to buy the Premier package to get them. I didn't buy the Premier package so its replacement time for me.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

If you guys haven't tried this site: M4 Products , try them. I replaced all incandescent bulbs in our coach with their LED's and they're great. HowToRVgeeks :: How-To Videos From Full-time RVers recommended them and have a discount code for five percent off. Also, rvgeeks have videos which depict the various styles and ranges of LED's m4products carry.

Scott
Old 04-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
If you guys haven't tried this site: M4 Products , try them. I replaced all incandescent bulbs in our coach with their LED's and they're great. HowToRVgeeks :: How-To Videos From Full-time RVers recommended them and have a discount code for five percent off. Also, rvgeeks have videos which depict the various styles and ranges of LED's m4products carry.

Scott
Thanks for the info Scott. I have just ordered 18 G4's from M4. I have tried several different sources and I have not been satisfied with the results. The segments fail withing weeks. The M4 Products "Elite" lamp seems to be what I am looking for. I'll post the results when they are installed. At 600 lumen per lamp this place should be good and bright. I may have to install a dimmer.

Rick
Old 04-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

We have a Itasca Ellipse 2012 model mh. Our vents are blowing out foil pieces and the Styrofoam insulation is making a fluttering sound on 2 of our 3 Coleman ac units. Anyone have an idea what or where the problem is?
ritafreeman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Thanks for the info Scott. I have just ordered 18 G4's from M4. I have tried several different sources and I have not been satisfied with the results. The segments fail withing weeks. The M4 Products "Elite" lamp seems to be what I am looking for. I'll post the results when they are installed. At 600 lumen per lamp this place should be good and bright. I may have to install a dimmer.

Rick
Good deal! I replaced many using the elite series, as well. Please follow up with results. The gentleman who owns m4 products seems to be the kind of person who will make things right, so if you have issues, I'm sure he will take care of them, Rick.

Scott
Old 04-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritafreeman7 View Post
We have a Itasca Ellipse 2012 model mh. Our vents are blowing out foil pieces and the Styrofoam insulation is making a fluttering sound on 2 of our 3 Coleman ac units. Anyone have an idea what or where the problem is?

I had the same thing happen to my 2011Ellipse 42qd and my dealer told me (and I agree) that the tape they use to join the splices in the styrofoam ductwork is delaminating. Said to not worry about it until/it became a problem. It has now stopped blowing pieces out and nothing has changed in the performance of the heating and cooling system.
dbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritafreeman7 View Post
Not to worry. This is a know problem. I read about this just before I bought this Meridian. The day we took possession of the coach it did the same thing. The dealer called the manufacture and was told that the insulation inside the unit had bad tape. The solution was to remove the insulation (for sound control) from the units. They said something about my units having the less noisy fans so the insulation was not needed. The dealer cleaned out all three units and we have had no problems since.

This is actually a DIY job if you are handy at all. The plenum has a bunch of screws holding it in place and a connector or two to disconnect. When I removed the shrouds for annual cleaning I was not satisfied with the way the dealer had sealed the plenum so I used a good aluminum duct tape and finished the job. If you wish, you could use the same tape to reinforce the insulation instead of removing it.

Is your thermostat 2 or 3 zones? Do you know what model a/c units you have? I am just curious. The wind noise from mine is very loud. The 47000 series is replacing my 49000 series units. One difference is the new unit puts out 300CFM on high and mine is 310CFM. I don't know if this makes a big difference or not. There are several other changes that may make this quieter including the 3 zone thermostat.

Let us know if you do the fix yourself. Post a couple of pictures to help us all understand the problem better. Thanks.

Rick