Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

If you can access the photos section on this site you will see I posted some pics of LED lights I installed on our Meridian steps. Very easy to do and very inexpensive ($29.00). What I like about having them is two things:
1. The ulmination at night is excellent and very nice looking (blue color)
2. I can turn them off or on using the porch light switch but they still will come on when the steps come out.
I eliminated the yellow light under the steps.
If you have more than one step the process can be done but will require a little more creative process. Sorry I did not post the pics in this post but tried numerous times to figure it out. Maybe someday they will make picture posting on this forum for idiots like me who cannot figure all this URL and brackets stuff out.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

If you can access the photos section on this site you will see I posted some pics of LED lights I installed on our Meridian steps. Very easy to do and very inexpensive ($29.00). What I like about having them is two things:
1. The ulmination at night is excellent and very nice looking (blue color)
2. I can turn them off or on using the porch light switch but they still will come on when the steps come out.
I eliminated the yellow light under the steps.
If you have more than one step the process can be done but will require a little more creative process. Sorry I did not post the pics in this post but tried numerous times to figure it out. Maybe someday they will make picture posting on this forum for idiots like me who cannot figure all this URL and brackets stuff out.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
I helped | retired moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe someday they will make picture posting on this forum for idiots like me who cannot figure all this URL and brackets stuff out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's easy.........once you know the secret.

There are two ways to post a picture.

The easiest is click on the picture icon at the top of the message box/window. It's the second from the right and paste the picture URL in the box labeled "image url".

The second way is [img] picture url [/img}.

Paste your picture's url between the 2 img with no spaces.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Would like to see those pics you posted but cannot find them. I searched for led and fun time with no luck. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong so can you help me somehow?

I have been thinking of doing something like that to my steps for sometime and was also going to just add some underside lighting as well.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Sorry, I found them, I had searched under Class A, my mistake.

It looks good. Where did you get the lights?

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
I helped | retired moderator

CLICK HERE for fun time's photos.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Great job! I love LED's and think they really made your entry steps look classy. How long from start to finish did it take?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

looks Great!

How did you wire it to work with the porch light switch also? Relay?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Have seen some lights advertised that fit over the end of the steps that run on batteries and come on with a sensor...FMCA magazine I think.
Might want to check them out. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:53 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Those lights Ichn2go is talking about are by RV Innovations and work great. Have a day/night sensor so they won't come on during the day and motion detector to turn them on at night then off again.

I bought that gadget, the "X" shaped leveling device and the awning securing device from them. All work as advertised and the leveling device makes getting level an absolute snap.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CHIPPYSGT:
Those lights Ichn2go is talking about are by RV Innovations and work great. Have a day/night sensor so they won't come on during the day and motion detector to turn them on at night then off again.

I bought that gadget, the "X" shaped leveling device and the awning securing device from them. All work as advertised and the leveling device makes getting level an absolute snap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bought them from where?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:49 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

RV Innovations is where he bought them.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:00 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

You can also pick them up HERE
A sponsor on this web site for all your RV needs.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:08 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for all the compliments. To answer a couple of questions:
1. You can buy these lights at any Advance Auto parts store. They come in package of two each 9 inches long 12V. They have various colors such as green, red and blue which is what you see in the pics. No relays, no transformers etc. Just two small wires for each light to hook up.
They have been on there since last Jan. and have been through rain so I know they are water proof.
2. It took 1 hour to hook up. Not sure about other Winny models, but on the Meridian I ran two wires from the porch light switch down the inner front wheel well under the step area to the old yellow light connection. Then I ran and connected the four wires together from the LED's to the same area. You tie them into the same power source as the yellow light. To install the LED's, you simply peel off the sticky tape and mount on the ledge underneath. I did drill on small hole where I mounted the lights so the wires would not show or interfere with the retraction of the steps. Because the lights strips are very thin, you don't see them in the day and only see the ulumination at night. If they should burn out, it is very easy to replace one or both. Hope that helps.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

I called RV Innovations and ordered over the phone.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote