Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

LED replacement bulbs

can anyone tell what the LED replacement bulb is on a Winnebago 29 R is i looked in the manual i dont have the unit yet or i would go out and check and how many bulbs will I need to replace them i am thinking about 20 and where is the best place to purchase them
Gordiegaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:40 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

LED bulbs are specific to the outlet. Will vary depending the type an kind of light fixture. I have changed out most of my lights. Have not done the compartments or the ceiling "tube lights" the long skinny things. Those we do not use much.
Ended up with a small bag full of old bulbs.
Now I purchased my LED's online from Camping World and Amazon. If you get the wrong bulb there great for exchanging for the correct bulb.
Finally I would wait until you can get in you RV to actually pull out bulbs and check there number, so you can order correct LED's with matching numbers. Good hunting!
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

instead of starting a new thread, because there are so many, I hope no one minds I jump in.

If they do let me know.

I want to replace the 912 bulbs in a couple of fixtures, my wife uses these the most.

On the M4 website there are a few different models that will replace this bulb
Wedge Base RV Replacement LED Lights

It seems the biggest difference is the lumens

The LED bulbs are also 350 and 595 lumens

The last one has 395 lumens

any one know how many lumens the 912 bulb has?
Old 08-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

LED replacement bulb are much cheaper from an Amazon seller than anywhere else I could find.
For instance, I bought a pack of 10 festoon-type LED's for $6, only needed 3, but locally they were $4 ea., 2 yrs. later and still just as bright.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I found some of the ceiling fixtures in our Brave were damaged from the heat from the incandescent bulbs. I found some nice LED fixtures on eBay that have a flat card populated with lots of LEDs instead of a bulb. The light output is good, the switches work well and over all I feel they are better than simply replacing the bulbs.
Radioflyer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

LED replacement

All of the LED replacements come from China and how many middlemen make the price difference. I buy from "Banggood,inc on line diredt from China. Great site, all kinds of LED's at about 15% of what local dealers quote.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #7
GG1
Winnie-Wise

led lights

Try M4 LED Products they have good customer support and reasonabley priced
Old 08-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #8
Former Winnebago Owner

It's pretty simple: pull a bulb and get the bulb part # off of it. Start searching the internet for that #, start with ebay. One tip is to buy bulbs rated for 12 - 24 volts. 12 volt bulbs will quickly begin flickering and quit. The battery voltage in an RV is greater than 13 volts so the 12 volt bulbs will be over driven and fail. There are many choices as to brightness (lumens) and color. If you can find lots of 5 or 10 bulbs the cost is much better than single bulbs. I have purchased several items from Banggood and it does seem to be one of the more reputable Chinese companies.
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Unfortunately as Winnebago pursues lower cost component suppliers this will always be an ever increasing issue for multiple items, get used to it.

Fortunately our 2014 was unaffected as Winnebago was just in the process of using led's and must not have been aware of lower quality suppliers= lower costs?

If you don't have Schwintek slide units consider yourself so very, very fortunate as it sidelined us for over a month and unlike cheap led's will haunt us again and again until we decide to take a loss on our supposedly upscale Winnebago.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, led, replace, replacement