Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

My lcd display on the dash is screwed up. I'm barely able to read milage & gear display. This coach is stored inside when not in use. Unbelievable how things can go to he@$ just sitting there.! Does this mean a replacement?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My lcd display on the dash is screwed up. I'm barely able to read milage & gear display. This coach is stored inside when not in use. Unbelievable how things can go to he@$ just sitting there.! Does this mean a replacement?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Assuming you have a Actia display, call Workhorse and/or Actia to get it replaced. The display is known to have problems and after warranty they are replaced on a case by cas e basis.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Workhorse or Actia should really do a recall or something about these displays. We just had ours replaced last week (under warranty) and when I called the service center he was very familiar with the problem. I'm guessing that they had a bad batch of the LCD modules somewhere along the way and they're all degrading over time.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone removed this cluster themselves. As usual Workhorse was of no help except to tell where the nearest repair dealer is! I might be able to get in the back door at Actia, so I need to remove it myself.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:51 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

While browzing through the Winnebago surplus store next to the factory here at Forest City, I found two old-style instrument panels and one of the new style IPs. All three were priced at $49.95 each.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I have done it twice. On my coach I remove the to cables from the cluster, then take out 5 screws and it is out.

Note - On my coach there are clips that the screws go into. So, you must remove them when you take the screw out. Kinda like a nut & bolt.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave from MN:
Has anyone removed this cluster themselves. As usual Workhorse was of no help except to tell where the nearest repair dealer is! I might be able to get in the back door at Actia, so I need to remove it myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took mine out four years ago when the display screwed up.
On mine there were two sets of screws that had to be removed. Some in front and some on the back side that actually let the display module come out.
I needed some slack in the dash pod cabling either to unplug a connector or to reach some of the screws - I don't recall exactly why now - and had to unplug a couple of the rocker switches on the dash so the dash would tip up far enough.

It probably took me an hour to get it out and maybe twenty minutes to replace it.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:30 AM   #9

Regarding the LCD, is it possible to upgrade the LCD or the entire panel to the newer, larger display? As I get a little older, seems that the OEM display on my 2005 is getting smaller and smaller, and the newer models have a nicer, larger display...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
I have done it twice. On my coach I remove the to cables from the cluster, then take out 5 screws and it is out.

Note - On my coach there are clips that the screws go into. So, you must remove them when you take the screw out. Kinda like a nut & bolt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Did you buy the cluster or was it under warranty? If bought, the cost? The back door just got slammed in my face by Workhorse! They will pay for it but I must take it to a authorize service center. The milage issue!! I still have a open recall on ABS issue. Looks like I have to drive 85 miles & let my coach sit for over a week!