Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Jenson TV white screen wont work

Our new coach is not 4 months old a 35 J Sightseer and the bed room TV has died all ready also the rear monitor needs replaced. In less than 4 months. You would think that Winnie could get better TVs that do not have all these problems. Any one else having these problems.
ct78barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

It happens. I just had to replace the bedroom tv. It was a good tv and worked fine. One day it would not turn on. I replaced it with a cheap flat screen which I don't like. I replaced the front tv a few years back and it works fine.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Did you try unplugging it?
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Ours lasted 7 months before giving up. Unplug and plug back in would get it going again. The replacement is now having problems, off course it's out of warranty now. I bought a new Samsung but haven't installed it yet.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Yes I un pluged the coach and shut down the inverter and gen set. At first the Jenson blue screen came on and I would start a scan . But about 1/2 way it would make a funny noise and then the white screen. I am going to the dealer and he will have it for the week but he says they have to trouble shoot it first so it will be more like two weeks at the dealer. Also the rear monitor is also going out and that is all ready at the dealer ready to be replaced. I just do not understand why in just three short months they are going bad. Maybe I am just the lucky one . I know these new coaches have a lot to go wrong and we are working on all the bugs but it is more than I thought it would be.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Just curious, do you have a surge protector?
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

After nine years our front TV went out, went and bought a new Samsung LED TV. Pulled to old cabinet out and was in the process of rebuilding it. Put the new TV on the passenger seat, screen against the seat so nothing would scratch it.
Knocked it off the seat with my elbow, it fell down the stairs and stopped just before it hit the ground. It still works, except for the scratch on the lower left of the screen.
So, went and bought ANOTHER $400 TV to replace it!! Took the scratched on into my "man cave" in the stick house. Now to finish the cabinet off!

Sooooo, let the dealer fix yours under warranty!! It's a LOT cheaper!!!!!!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I am going to the dealer and he will have it for the week but he says they have to trouble shoot it first so it will be more like two weeks at the dealer.
Wow, someone at the dealership is also a baloney salesman. It will take their hi-tech TV repair person about 15 minutes to exhaust all the possible trouble shooting - 2 weeks!
Tell them to just swap it our for you, in fact, insist on it. They're just making things hard for you. RV dealerships do not repair digital TV's. In fact most of the stuff is not repairable beyond cosmetics and is recycled.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

You can call jensen direct and they will go through the troubleshooting with you, if they find that it is a bad tv they will send you a new 1 with a call tag to return the old. Really a great company to deal with.
rv.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks again it is at the dealer now I will keep you posted as to what he does. The service manger does not have people skills and I email him before I call him. He never ansers the phone and they always ask who is calling and then they say he is with a customer and given his voice mail. He did call my wife and she added a few things to the list and he made a big deal with her and was very rude with her. We have 8 more months with him and the the year will be up. I am keeping track of all this and when the year is up I will let Winnebago know about this great service department.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

We highly recommend working with your coach dealer for warranty assistance as they will have the ability to properly troubleshoot and process your warranty claim, if needed. If your dealer is unable to assist you with warranty service with your TV, please give us a call direct. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM till 6:00 PM EDT.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Jenson

I did call your teck line not the customer service line and was given a code to give the service manger to send out a replacement TV. I had to do the same thing on our rear view monitor and call that company to. I have had to do his job twice for him. I would give him the phone numbers and serial numbers on the unites and the name of who to call . The bottom line is I called and you are sending us or the dealer a new TV and we are going this week end to pick up our new coach with a new TV and new rear monitor. I have heard that you read up on these sites and now I know you do . So does Winnebago and who knows all the company that read these post. To me it is a verry good way for you to reach out with your customer base if they are having problems with getting service with your products. Again Thank You
Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Best thing I did with our Jensen. Was to junk it. Replaced with Vizio.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

It really stinks that the local service manager is such a "stinker".
Did you buy the coach from them? Often times people ask what kind of service and support they can get locally if they buy their rig elsewhere.

I've replaced all three sets in my 2007 rig but only the outside, 12v unit was because of failure. The screen went dark and it was my excuse to replace it with a larger LED set.

Jensendirectrv: thanks for your monitoring of issues and offer to help.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Yes this is our selling dealer the salesman was great and got a great deal but the service department for the PDI on May 19th till now has been a night mare. The dealer is a 100 miles away so drive there drop off unhook the toad go home 100 miles drive back 100 miles and drive coach home 100 miles. The TV and rear monitor this will be the second trip because he had to trouble shoot everything . Which meant driving my coach around to see if the rear monitor would acted up for them and it did not . Then 1 mile out of there town it did for us . It is hard going through this a second time with gas prices the way they are . Thanks for all your support and help.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

hi JensenRVdirect

knowing that you monitor and 'jump in' on the forum; well in my opinion, the company has gone up several points
THANKS

pdq
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote