Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hey all, I have a problem here. My dash cigarette lighter is not working. When they gave it back from putting in the new carpet months ago it wasnt working and I cant find the fuse to check it. I have read through all my manuals and cant find anything specific, it says in one of them theres one under the dash pod but I surely cant find one. I have checked the one under the hood but its not the one. I need some suggestions any sunova owners out there know where to look? I have looked everywhere. BTW I have an Itasca 34A. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hey all, I have a problem here. My dash cigarette lighter is not working. When they gave it back from putting in the new carpet months ago it wasnt working and I cant find the fuse to check it. I have read through all my manuals and cant find anything specific, it says in one of them theres one under the dash pod but I surely cant find one. I have checked the one under the hood but its not the one. I need some suggestions any sunova owners out there know where to look? I have looked everywhere. BTW I have an Itasca 34A. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

guntruck,
I had the cig. lighter pop a fuse on mine... On our 38G it was on the left side of the dash. Not sure if it was coach builder or the Workhorse fuse block... It's not labeled lighter I think it was AUX????
The way I found it was pulling the fuses and checking each one...
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

My cig liter quit working recently (I use it for Brake Buddy & 2nd [Garmin] GPS). Lifted up the inst panel cover & found a spade connector to it disconnected. Reconnected & good to go.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies. I found on Winnebago's web site under the wiring diagrams it shows a fuse block under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Im clueless how to get to it. I was upside down laying on the seat twisted under teh dash and could barely see the bottom of it ( I think ). I am going to inspect further tomorrow, I was hoping someone could just tell about the magic little lever that grants me access, I cant believe this is this difficult to find or get to, I must be doing something wrong or missing something.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem and did what Thudman did before digging into fuses. Mine was also disconnected at the spade -- easy fix. Check it out before you go too far with the fuses.
Frank O.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

If it's like mine the dash lifts up, it's on hinges. Try lifting up above the Inst. Cluster.... The fuse panel will be on the left side...
Old 07-24-2007, 03:41 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Just wanted to add to Ed/Full-time's post that mine had some Velcro holding it in place so you may have some resistance at first but your whole instrument panel should raise up. My fuse block is in the same place as Ed's. The cigar lighter fuse is a 20amp blade, bottom row, middle slot.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Update: I just found out that in fact it IS the connector on the back, thx for pointing me in that direction, I just assumed it was the fuse. However, Im on a mission to find the fuse block inside. I just had to unscrew about ten screws that hold the front smaller dash piece on that houses the swithces guages radio etc. And low and behold looking behind that on the left there is a fuse block tucked down inside. Im absolutely amazed they would put it in a place where you need to dismantle part of the dash to get to it, utterly amazed. Im hoping when i go back to really get into it I find theres osmething i missed ( Like a quick access door or latch or something! LOL ) . Thanks for everyones help.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonavonP:
Just wanted to add to Ed/Full-time's post that mine had some Velcro holding it in place so you may have some resistance at first but your whole instrument panel should raise up. My fuse block is in the same place as Ed's. The cigar lighter fuse is a 20amp blade, bottom row, middle slot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA!!! Im a goof, while fixing the wire on the cigarette lighter the entire dash broke loose from the velcro and lifted up! I knew there was something wrong and thanks for the tips and help everyone, Im much more relaxed now and a wee bit more knowledgeable!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for posting your follow up. I had read that some guys were saying that Winnebago had canceled the flip up feature. Glad you got your's solved.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Guntruck,
Glad to hear everything worked out for you...
Good miles...
Old 07-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

My '05 Suncruiser does not have a flip up dash.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:20 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntruck View Post
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonavonP:
Just wanted to add to Ed/Full-time's post that mine had some Velcro holding it in place so you may have some resistance at first but your whole instrument panel should raise up. My fuse block is in the same place as Ed's. The cigar lighter fuse is a 20amp blade, bottom row, middle slot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA!!! Im a goof, while fixing the wire on the cigarette lighter the entire dash broke loose from the velcro and lifted up! I knew there was something wrong and thanks for the tips and help everyone, Im much more relaxed now and a wee bit more knowledgeable!!!
2006 Itasca Sunova here - We just blew the fuse for the windshield wipers. Could not find the fuse box for the life of me! Unlike our old Rexhall, this unit does not have a driver's door. The manual was not helpful, and like others I looked in all the likely places including crawling under the dash. Thanks so much for the velcro hint!! Slight tug on the instrument panel and there it is. Unfortunately I don't have that size of fuze - they're tiny! Will make swapping out the radio a breeze, I must say!!
tyaughton is offline   Reply With Quote