Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

Thanks Richard, But what I meant was how did you secure the fan bracket itself to the fins?

Thanks, Sammie
Sammie,

It's quite simple, the alligator clip that hangs on the top of the rear fin that also provides the ground connection is what holds the fan to the fins. Basically the fan housing rests against the fins allowing the pair of fans to blow air into the cold fins and then down into the refer compartment. The better the air circulation the more even temperatures you will have in the frig.

Sometimes I have had some rattling of one fan or another but I simply rest some item stored on the shelf against the fan housing to eliminate the rattle. Because the very top shelf is the coldest and some stuff will actually freeze if the temperature setting is too cold, I generally only store bottles and cans on that shelf.

Does this make sense to you now?

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Sammie,

It's quite simple, the alligator clip that hangs on the top of the rear fin that also provides the ground connection is what holds the fan to the fins. Basically the fan housing rests against the fins allowing the pair of fans to blow air into the cold fins and then down into the refer compartment. The better the air circulation the more even temperatures you will have in the frig.

Sometimes I have had some rattling of one fan or another but I simply rest some item stored on the shelf against the fan housing to eliminate the rattle. Because the very top shelf is the coldest and some stuff will actually freeze if the temperature setting is too cold, I generally only store bottles and cans on that shelf.

Does this make sense to you now?

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Thanks Richard, I guess I just expected some screws or velcro.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #23

We had both; Outside on the heating tube that turned on when the tube got warn, And one inside that turned on when the fins got cold. It would wip the air around in the frig; That one was Scraped as it done no good; The fins are up top of the frig; and cold air goes down.After much research we found it was not nesscery; The out side one is Well worth the price; life is good
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan