Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Infotainment Center Problems in 2015 Itasca Cambria 30J

I purchased a new Itasca Cambria 30J Class "C" on Feb. 14, 2015. Since owning this RV, I have had several problems with it but the most annoying has been with the XSG2NA-X2S in-dash Infotainment Center failing. I have already replaced this unit three times and it just failed again as I am on an extended trip throughout the northern, western and southern parts of the U.S.

Each time this unit has failed, it has had to be replaced which takes several weeks, not to mention costs incurred. The biggest problem with these failures is that I lose not only my radio/CD player, but my GPS, and more importantly, my back-up and side-view cameras. This presents a major problem since these cameras are very helpful when checking for vehicles before changing and returning to lanes when passing vehicles.

Has anyone else experienced these problems with their Infotainment Center?

I have contacted Winnebago concerning this problem and am awaiting a response from them but would like to know if this is a common problem or just my extremely bad experiences with this system.

Thanks.
denbozz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbozz67 View Post
I purchased a new Itasca Cambria 30J Class "C" on Feb. 14, 2015. Since owning this RV, I have had several problems with it but the most annoying has been with the XSG2NA-X2S in-dash Infotainment Center failing. I have already replaced this unit three times and it just failed again as I am on an extended trip throughout the northern, western and southern parts of the U.S.

Each time this unit has failed, it has had to be replaced which takes several weeks, not to mention costs incurred. The biggest problem with these failures is that I lose not only my radio/CD player, but my GPS, and more importantly, my back-up and side-view cameras. This presents a major problem since these cameras are very helpful when checking for vehicles before changing and returning to lanes when passing vehicles.

Has anyone else experienced these problems with their Infotainment Center?

I have contacted Winnebago concerning this problem and am awaiting a response from them but would like to know if this is a common problem or just my extremely bad experiences with this system.

Thanks.
I have not had the unit totally fail in my 2015 Itasca 37F, but I am having video issues as well. In my case I lose all cameras but can often get them back by reaching up under the dash and jiggling wires.

I've opened the dash a couple of times, cleaned and reset the video connectors, but the problem persists. A colleague at work has suggested I have a weak video amplifier. I'm going to contact Rivermark and see if they have any suggestions.

I'm most interested in hearing what Winnebago has to suggest.
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the response. If/when I here back from Winnebago, I will post it on the forum. Been gone without e-mail service for sometime and am checking my e-mail now.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Jerald,
Below is the response received from Winnebago. Looks like they would be more concerned about a recurring problem with a system they install in multiple RV's.
Even though the vehicle is, indeed, out of warranty, I would think they would want to come up with a remedy for this situation since its failed four times now in the same vehicle.
They have my money and I guess that's what matters the most to them
I may try another resource at Winnebago - maybe the CEO.

"Dennis,

We are sorry for any difficulties you have experienced with your Cambria. It is the sincere desire of Winnebago, as well as our authorized dealers, to provide the best product and service to our customers.

Winnebago is still installing the Infotainment Center. As your Cambria has exceeded the warranty period, any consideration for repair or replacement would need to come directly from the vendor, River Park. I would suggest contacting them at 1-800-442-7717.

Kind Regards,
Angie"
Old 10-25-2017, 06:12 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I've just replaced my 3 year-old core unit and main monitor (which Riverpark describes as must being done as a pair - the core unit cannot be replaced by itself). There is no easily identifiable cause for the failure.

In off-line conversations I'm having with other WBGO owners its suggested that heat may be causing the issue. One owner is considering installing a fan inside the dash near the unit.

If / when info develops that may be helpful I'll be glad to share ... good luck with your issues.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info, Steve. Was the replacement at your cost, and if so, what was it?

Dennis
Old 10-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Yes - our costs were:
Core: $675
Monitor: $975
Labor: 2 hours = $249

We tried first to replace the core and use the existing monitor (which appeared to work fine) with no luck. River Park had advised both needed to be replaced as a 'unit' - we replaced the monitor and all is well.

Yes - a big 'ouch!'
Old 10-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the quick response, Steve.
Fortunately, I have an extended warranty but I still have to pay a deductible. And then I have to wonder if (likely when) number five will fail. And of course, it's always on the road when you need these things.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #9
Site Team

I have the large 9" screen and separate core unit in my 2017 Adventurer. It failed on my trip from the dealership to home (900 mile trip). Riverpark sent me a new core unit and I replaced just that not the monitor. Perhaps you have the smaller system that's built into a head unit, I don't know why else you'd need both the core unit and a new monitor.

Anyway, it had to be heat related. My system worked at first during cool nights. But went haywire during hot days over 95 degrees.

When I got the new core unit - which I installed myself - everything worked until the first hot day. But I took other's advice to put a fan in the cabinet with the core unit. I bought an $8 USB powered fan and plug it into the USB port on the core unit. So far, I've not had any other problems.

Riverpark is the distributor. But the unit is engineered and manufactured in Europe where temps are not "south texas hot." I'm thinking they've got real heat problems in the US.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much for the reply.
I have the smaller version with the 6 inch touch screen.
I have been in contact with a rep from XiteSolutions Nrth America, Inc. (River Park)and he seems to think the problem may be with the installation possibly causing and a point where the wiring is rubbing somewhere and then failing. I have also been in contact with a rep from my purchasing dealer who is going to talk to one of his mechanics who is a radio whiz and see if he has any ideas. The last time this unit went out (although it still has some tiny red lights that have power at the top of the unit) was at night with fairly cool temps. When I get to a point where a new radio will be installed, I will give them the info you have provided about adding the USB powered fan and ask them to try that. At this point, getting ready to replace the unit for the fourth time, I'm willing to try just about anything.
Thanks again for the response and the fan tip. You are the second responder that has suggested adding a fan so I'm going to go with that recommendation. Once that's been done, I will give an update to let you all know if that seems to solve the problem.

Dennis
Old 11-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #11
Site Team

Dennis, In my coach, and with many others that have issues with this our core unit is in the compartment over the passenger seat under the front fiberglass cap. It's not insulated in there and gets really hot. I put a thermometer in there and saw 130 degree temps.

So, putting a fan in the compartment helps circulate the air and keeps the temps down a little bit.

All of this means it may be different with your RV. I think your unit is in the dash. But who knows maybe the heat behind the dash is substantial as well.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the response. My unit is indeed in the dash and I will look at installing a fan for the radio.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:10 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

What is a core unit? I have the same problems. Is there any utube or documentation on how to remove the unot and check for loose wire? Right now it works on truck battery but will keep rebooting itself on house battery. Told to check for loose wires erc. i use the system on Sirus radio on house battery while stationary at parks camphosting for months. Also looking to usind a small fan to keep it cool. The unit does seem Hott after hrs or music.
dsteploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:30 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

The core unit is the 'processor' for all the signal inputs (cameras, radio, CD, GPS, etc). It displays the 'active signal' onto the monitor screen.

The unit can be located in the dash or a nearby cabinet depending on the coach you have. It usually has a slot for the CD player and a SD card in its front face.

Please try updating the SD card as a first step to improving its function. If after an update you're still having problems contact RiverPark - they do have a bad batch of cards in circulation and will likely replace yours. Their techs can also walk you through other diagnostics if needed.

Depending on the core's location - removal is usually pretty straightforward. Be careful of the many, many wires and their connections.

Let us know what results - we're all still learning ... thanks
Old 01-29-2018, 06:09 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Been in contact with them. They send me new updates for main software; new sd for navigation . Which i have updated. NOw told to lookfor loose wires etc. Been talking to them for months. Always helpful. I really want to get it to work again on house battery mode.
dsteploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

I just signed up and placed a problem with my Infotainment System on the forum. I have had the unit replaced four times, SD card twice, and still am having error messages appear in the middle of the screen. Once the error appears the only way to get rid of it is to do a reset. Most of the time I loose the sound but the GPS seems to continue to run. Unit back in the shop now to see what can be done to resolve. Way it stands now it is an intermittent problem so it does not fail any diagnostics.
dehnernc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #17
Site Team

First what kind of infotainment system do you have?

Next what does the error message say?
Old 06-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Xite Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
First what kind of infotainment system do you have?

Next what does the error message say?
There is a variety of errors and I am going to attach a file that shows each. It is an Xite Infotainment System X2S with the Rand McNalley GPS. Let me know if you can't see the file. Thanks..
Old 06-27-2018, 05:14 PM   #19
Site Team

No file attached.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:07 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

I have run firmware updates from Xite, and have replaced the SD card twice, and last trip I ran all available updates as suggested and 30 minutes out the errors started. Talking to extended warranty about replacing it with a Kenwood Excelon with Garmin GPS. Waiting to hear back soon.

Tags
ems, itasca, problems