Winnebago Watcher

What model kenwood did you install. Thanks
Old 07-22-2019, 05:47 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

DNX893s
vescotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

I wanted to install an additional USB port under the dash for my TPMS so had to remove the center radio dash area completely to find the spare radio USB port.

Here's a great video on Utube that shows how to take the center dash apart....

Very simple - but this video gives you the confidence to just start prying the plastic pieces apart.

BUT … you do not have to take the dash apart to remove just the main unit at the bottom. It just pops out from 4 tabs that require no tools. It's a wee bit easier with the frame removed since you'll have more the grab onto but on my 2017 MB Sprinter it just popped out. Word of clarification, there is no trim around the lower unit that is easily taken off but if you take off the upper trim and remove the heating/AC control unit, you can reach in behind the Infotainment system and push it out while you are pulling on the front.

Now a word of caution... the connectors at the back to the display screen are poorly designed and have a tendency to "fall out". Our unit (actually just the display) went dead after only 50 miles when it was brand new and the dealer had to reconnect ours. When it happened again I looked into it myself and put some additional bracing so the rear plug would not fall out and it's been good for almost 15,000 miles !

Tags
chassis