Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigt View Post
You guys are unreal. I am SOOOO glad I found this forum.

I just got back from shopping and noticed the House batteries were showing about 11.9V. When I left 2 hours earlier, they were around 12.2V. All lights, etc. were off but the AC, refrig, and hot water heaters were left on. I am in Pahrump, outside Vegas, and it is HOT!!!

I fired up the Engine and they are now showing 13.4 or 13.5V. That dropped to 12.8V and fairly quickly 12.5V after turning off the engine.

The Heart Interface has the charge button on and is showing 13 volts. When I turn off the charge and turn it back on, it jumps to 14 volts for about 2 minutes. And shows my batteries to be middle state (acceptance mode). Then, it goes to highest state (float mode), where it stays, even as the batteries start discharging. Even when they were at 9V, the Heart control panel showed they were OK and had 13V. ????

The batteries have 11/06 as a date on them and appear to be the maintenance free type. From Interstate Battery, Pinnacle Technology, Workaholic brand.

Now this rig did sit on a lot for the past 7 months. It does have solar. So, I am "guessing" that the batteries are OK. But that is a guess.

I looked at the breakers on the box in my outside compartment and they are OK, as are all the breakers in the breaker box. I don't know where else a fuse could be, but I will do some reading and see what I can find...or call Winnebago on Monday (Thanks for that info, AFChap!!!)

Anyway...I have an RV guy here on Monday also. So many problems to deal with. Hopefully, we can get this solved together. You guys confirmed that at least I am not doing something wrong. Good! Now, to get it fixed.

Thanks!
Craig
First thing I would do is have the condition of the batteries checked...It very well could be the batteries are No good.I had the same problem with two of my batteries...Most Auto Parts stores have sophisticated battery testers that can detect problems spot on with these testers that cost $600- $700.00 and do the testing FRee in hopes of selling you a battery or two The old toaster type testers do not come close to diagnosing batteries as do the new Digital testers.Do the simple stuff first then move on to the more complicated things.
mountainman7 is offline   Reply With Quote