Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hot Front Compartment

Hello, I have a 2010 Winnebago Adventurer 36' RV. It is gas model on a workhorse chassis. The question is in the passenger side front compartment in front of the door. This compartment seem to stay very warm. I realize that is is close to the engine compartment. There seems to be what looks like some type of heater coil or system in the compartment.

I this natural. It does not seem to be a problem, although the front area of the RV says pretty warm in the summer and requires a lot of A/C to cool the area.

What are you thoughts? Thank you
Jserna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jserna View Post
Hello, I have a 2010 Winnebago Adventurer 36' RV. It is gas model on a workhorse chassis. The question is in the passenger side front compartment in front of the door. This compartment seem to stay very warm. I realize that is is close to the engine compartment. There seems to be what looks like some type of heater coil or system in the compartment.
Jserna
Can you post a pic of the "heater coil or system in the compartment"?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If you have the MotorAid option the heater coil may be part of the system. The MotorAid usually has a heater core with a fan that blows hot into the motor home. There should be switch on the dash to turn the fan on. Mine was behind a door below the refrigerator and that compartment always got very warm when we were driving down the road.
The system uses engine coolant for the heater and also heats the water in the water heater while driving. There is a heat exchanger tube welded to the back of the water heater tank.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I believe Clay L is correct. My Sunrise has the same set up. On your dash is a switch called Coach Heat. Mine is High/Lo. When you turn that on you can hear a flap in the floor register, right behind the dog house activate and heat from this compartment radiator heats the coach. On mine there is another vent in the back of the coach that gets heat as well. When you switch to coach furnace heat the flap goes the other way and allows warm air from the furnace through the register.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

If your hot water heater is right there, like a lot of Winnebagos, that's probably the source of heat. It can get the water REALLY hot while driving. 6 or 10 gallons of 150°+ water sitting there heats up the air around it.

(What model do you have? Your profile says a 35L. The brochures don't show a 2010 35L. I know they aren't always right though. Easy to look at the parts manuals and plumbing diagrams to see where stuff is, but not if you don't know the model.)

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have miss spoken. My coach is a 2008 35L. The water heater is not near this compartment. I do belive it does have something to do with a coach heater, although i wouldn't think it would be so warm if the system is not turned on.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you, I will try to take a photo this weekend.