Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
KIX
Winnebago Master

I need to replace the drivers side headlight lens assembly. The old one has the FORD logo on it. Anyone know the year and FORD model the headlights come from? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
KIX
Winnebago Master

I need to replace the drivers side headlight lens assembly. The old one has the FORD logo on it. Anyone know the year and FORD model the headlights come from? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

KIX,

Im not real sure, but have thought about doing the same on mine also!

I would/will when I can get to an auto store, they "should" have a Picture book. Hopefully that will give a range of years/model and maybe one can get them from a salvage yard cheap...

LEt me know if you beat me to it!

John

John (N9MXX) & Derek (KC9KEM)
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It looks like an old Thunderbird lens, but I can't be sure but that is where I would start. I would check out a junk yard.

2003 Ultimate Advantage
Ptribbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:46 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Adventurer headlight

I know you said Ford logo, but...

Try the link above. I searched thru old posts and supposedly the '03 Adventurer headlight is from a '00 - '03 Chevy Impala. Take a look; your UA could be the same?

Tom
Old 10-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I tried to determine that in 2004 in my efforts to get better low beam visibility on my '03 UA. Here's what I found out:

First I talked to Winnie Owner Relations. They say the headlights for the 2003 Ultimate Advantage are Ford part number F5RY-13007-B. (one could be an B and one an A perhaps for left and right). According to a Mercury parts website (www.mercury-auto-body-parts-online.com), this part number matches the 1998 Mystique headlight.

HOWEVER, when I found a picture of that part number headlight online, it was not the same. My conclusion was that it probably is a 1995-97 Mystique headlight, but I didn't pursure it as I wasn't replacing one. Look at a picture here http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=11...669+11921+9217 and see what you think.

Let us know what you find out for sure, KIX!!
Old 10-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
KIX
Winnebago Master

Well guys.......here's what I found. The pictures on the site AFChap suggested (thanks Paul) of the 1995 Mercury Mystique look like the headlight lens that's in my '02 UA. BUT, very hard to be certain without one in hand to make a eyeball comparison.
I have to call Lichtsinn for some other parts tomorrow (Monday) AM and will find out the price of a new lens via them. The one at Car-Stuff is $87.
I need to replace the drivers one due to hazing of the plastic surface. I'm considering replacing the lamps with H4 bulbs. Anyone try this with success?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I have never tried H4 bulbs, but I did replace the stock bulb with a Silverlight set. Noticed some improvement, but that perception didn't last long.

Never really liked the headlights in the UA's. I hope this works for you.....then I'll pony up the $$ for the H4 bulbs.

Good luck.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:05 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Hey Kix, how are you? Hope all is well. If you plan on going to So. Ca. some time soon let me know. I'll check your website.

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:19 AM   #10
KIX
Winnebago Master

LIchtsinn gave me the same Ford part number that they gave AFChap......F5RY-13007B. they did say that the part number was for the whole headlight assembly.
I guess I'll see if I can put my hands on an actual part.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Kix

I had problems with the turn signal light on my UA -- it had several small cracks in it. I also had the Ford logo and the part number. Went to Ford in Detroit and they could not cross reference it to any of their present or past parts (I have a contact up there - my Dad retired from Ford). I ended up ordering from Lichtsinn to get the part that would fit. Could not ever figure out what the problem was with the Ford number on the lens.

And yes, I had to buy the whole assembly -- the lens is molded in with the back housing.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
KIX
Winnebago Master

Hi Dave, Hope all is well with you.
The problem is that Lichtsinn cannot get the headlight from Winnebago anymore as Winne is not providing it any longer. They simply give you the Ford number that apparently is not a good number. Could be that we're stuck until someone stumbles upon the right part.
I wonder if your Ford contact can give us a picture and the dimensions of a headlight for a 1995 Mercury Mystique. From the pictures I've seen it looks like the right part but I would like to jknow the dimensions and see a better picture. Think you can help????
Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
KIX
Winnebago Master

GOOD NEWS!! Well, sort of good news. The headlights are the same as headlights on a 1995-1997 Mercury Mystique. The part number is, in fact, F5RY-13007A (pass. side) or B = driver side. I talked to a couple of Ford/Mercury dealerships about the part. One had 2 and the other had none. Prices ranged from $110 - $150 for the B unit new. The problem is that both dealers advised that the part is now obsolete and there will be no more new stock.
I also tried a couple of junkyards in my area and again, had success (sort of). The ones they had were a little yellowed but both yards advised that they could do some magic and make them look new. Prices were $50 - $75 and supposedly looking like new. Soi anyway, you guys with UAs may want to hang on to this info in case you need a headlight down the road.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Kix

I have not been on line so I did not see your request. When I get home this weekend, I will look to see if I have the box where I ended up buying the replacement part for my turn signal lens. If I do, the price was not that bad and they may also be a source for the headlamps. As I recall, needless to say, the replacement part came from China. Will let you know when I get home. I am leaving Long Island in the morning.

On your other question, crossing fingers, no medical problems right now.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Kix

I may have found your place for the replacement part for the headlamp. Go to www.wheelsandcaps.com . After getting there, select Mercury as the make of car -- wait a few seconds and the page will autorenew for you -- scroll down and select Mystique and the page will auto renew again. Now you can see the year -- select it and again, autorenew will happen. Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the headlamp assemblies -- both the right and left -- the price for each is $71.89.

Hope this may help.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #16
KIX
Winnebago Master

Thanks Dave.